View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 You Stupid bot! 

Good idea?
Total votes : 0

You Stupid bot! 

Post Re: You Stupid bot!
Nope, man I don't have to much time for drawing in editor. When I see a stupidity or two in a map signed unknown, imediately I open it in editor and I fix it. Of course, I cannot stop to make paths and movers accesible by any A.I.

Wrong terrain, no problem, kickers and teleports save my ass always.

Keep in mind: Don't use BumpOpenTimed or bUseTriggered (this is possible to be opened with GRAB cheat, even bots are using GRAB in less than 20 ms). For this reason I stopped GRAB. I want bots but I don't want GRAB.

I guess someone don't want bots because they are able to unlock these movers, trained by Epic. You are free to try anything, will see results (do not be dissapointed like me, have fun).

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Bots were given GRAB because of AI limitations with lifts, if a lift was on the bottom floor, and the bot on top, the bot would jump down the shaft (Often resulting in death) you can see this happen in my map, Inferno.

Also, Counter Limit is 255 because that's the limit of the slider-type Variable. Just copy the counter code and change that variable to a Byte,

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:56 am

:)
Very true, but is another mistake of mapping.
A trigger to move the lift as an usuall door will do the right thing. Or a bump buton is another way. A bot know to use a lift buton. Or you can eliminate this issue by adding an aditional mover gate to protect the hole until lift is in good position, with this last fix nobody will fall in lift. Even a bad player cannot boost other player to make him fall down.
In this problem also can be involved lift speed, map type, very high grounds to be traveled using lifts (not so logic).

You see ? Solutions are a lot. But young mappers don't like to learn old mistakes to avoid them and improve quality. Yep, this is the reality.

There are a ton of maps with the same mistake to put GRAB even on a door not only in a lift. Anybody can open that door before killing the triggered monster. I found this as being less funny.

Ok, now I go to study some codes.

Oops, I almost forgot. You told me about fear. I think I can alter the code and I can avoid involving Nali and Cows. Why ? Because in MH they are excepted from Hate. Is a good example. Other thing: my local recompiled code fixed that "run in place" of bots by doing wandering if map has no paths, and also they give a reply in console about this problem. Example taken from CTF already made. And for MH code I guess I can fix more other things. I forgot to tell you about SkaarjTrooper, is all right now, no more F5 or invulnerability. Code inspired from multiple sources and from default SkaarjTrooper code, and no more green cube at quadshot weapon, just a better one now, heh, nice boost. I'm currently digging on a problem, removing their monster vs monster fight direct in attraction code, seems to be hard.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:36 pm
Steals others work

Post AI pathes messing
Im having a interesting problem -
while making MH-Brutes2 I tried to botpath the entire map
but it seemed like creaturefactories and monsterspawns
crash the pathnet when connected.
Is that generally true ...?

:ugh:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:03 am
Profile WWW

Spawnpoints are also a part of network paths. You can see blue lines in editor linking spawnpoints with pathnodes, but, is a problem. If spawnpoints are too high or too low bots will refuse to follow those paths. The best way to navigate in map is to have pathnodes in default placement with editor (collision height is enough good placed by editor). If you force some paths through air, the bot will refuse that path because he not fly, is logic.

I already posted about what you need to make a bot moving in MH. I fact I tell you the true. If we comparing an assault game code with MH game code. Mh is only some 40% from Assault. Unfortunately is a bit more than a messed crap.

If your network path is good. A map with a decent load of actors and a good ground you can use the MonsterWaypoint to attract them in a point of map. This is starting with position 1 and then position 2, 3, etc. in desired order to be visited by bots. Do not repeat Position because they will do nothing. The next attraction of a bot is the MonsterEnd trigger. All these triggers must be placed like pathnodes (not in air or burrowed). You need to put these triggers and keypoint close to a pathnode for increase efficiency. I made for me a version of CTF-November remoded for MH. In such a map is not hard at all to make them move where you want, very late I observed their interest for MHEnd too (after checking MH code), I used a kicker to blow them away from last MonsterWaypoint. If they touch it (visit) then all is over for them (will stop assaulting). Kicker keep them to assault constantly to avoid touching their target. They fight in last area until they kill the last boss and game is ending. There are a few tricks (some of them cool) to make them be enough usefull. Only a few mappers really understood what need a bot in MH for be good. All craps from assault will never work in MH (is not described in code).
Paths in MH need to be blue (they can follow rarely even red paths, depending on map architecture - I guess sometimes editor is showing in red even good paths). Anyway UT's Editor is working agains his own A.I. - example default mover is BumpOpenTimed - this is bad for bots.

If you check, CTF game contains a code for make them relaxed when they have no paths to target (this is missing in MH). For this reason, in MH they run in place like stupids when paths are missing or MHEND untoucheable or not MonsterWaypoint. You see ? They are dumb ? The dumb game-code is guilty for their stupidity. Assault is not perfect but is hundreds times better than MH code, and we must accept the true as it is. I stopped to be depressed by this MH and I take it as it is (when I want a better MH, I play local with my remoded MH). I had already some 3 or 4 versions different coded. All things are based on the findspecialattraction function how is defined. Also is a good option to modify not only damage and speed of monsters, you can modify sensitivity of bots and will see much better results than in default, resulting in a real war between bots and monsters with a lot of fun.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Post Re: AI pathes messing
Kaal979 wrote:
Im having a interesting problem -
while making MH-Brutes2 I tried to botpath the entire map
but it seemed like creaturefactories and monsterspawns
crash the pathnet when connected.
Is that generally true ...?

:ugh:

When you add them, MAKE SURE YOU REBUILD, no matter what it is.

Unbuilt Paths will CRASH THE GAME if a Monster or Bot chooses an Unbuilt Navigation Point to walk to (Just like Unbuilt Geometry kills the player)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 am

Indeed, but if you have paths and paths are too high, will be useless. Spawnpoints are usefull when are placed like pathnodes but you have the risk to not spawn your monsters if they are big because they have no place to spawn. If you don't rebuild modified paths, you will receive an error and will be unable to play. In Brutes II is not hard to put bot support. There are a lot of maps really hard to add bot support and even impossible in others.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 pm
Steals others work

So I gonna get satifying results though - thanks so far ... .

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:07 am
Profile WWW

Back in subject, old subject indeed. Being contacted for some coding chat, I just fooled trying to add some bot support for an assumed attached MH version different from default. This problem seems to be solved (I tested more maps with original Bot Support and worked). How ? Better than in default.
Bots are hunting Monsters without interest to run at WayPoint until monsters around are killed (in the most cases). I studied some support for Followers. I think I don't need another bunch of checks. Is already a pretty loaded controller. Details ?

A machine Pentium D at 2800 MHz runing a map with 88 monsters at a certain moment and 6 Hunters (1 human - me, and 5 Bots) loaded CPU at 8-10% (during a small battle) power which usually is not like this. My target to have a normal load fo 2-3% CPU will be affected if I'm trying to enhance controller more. Bot functions are strong indeed. They might do what we ask them in controller but will affect performance and will see dumb monsters in maps. Now for some conclusions, bots are hunting monsters better than a coward player racing only to end map, they are interested to kill them and even being a bit cautious when they encounter monsters.

Using this topic, I'm sending again RESPECT × 16384, for mappers who delivered Bot Support in their MH maps. Best regards !

Those messages from a server console related to 1000 paths cannot be overrided, they are native, doesn't matter the XX numbers of CPU cores, more things are limited by an Engine used in '99 year, so maybe some Jedi mappers will finally realise why their monsters are retarded when they are trying some action in assumed maps with millions of polys and thousands of actors.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4