View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 You Stupid bot! 

Good idea?
Total votes : 0

You Stupid bot! 
Steals others work

Post Re: You Stupid bot!
Hey zacman - I found your alarmpoint tutorial on ut99.org.
Thanks alot! Now I can have a queen teleporting through entire MH-MeltTown.
Geometry is completely finished and works good! (Even redeeming possible!)
Im currently placing bot pathes and like to know how to make them more intelligent.
If I use a waypoint near boss will they run stupid in the hordes or engage in fighting them?
Also wondering how the alternat path could work
in MH since it requires to enter the opposite team number to work properly.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am
Profile WWW

Pathing in MH ? Was a discution ? You suggest is better in MH 300 retarded monsters replacing 20 very smart ? Spam ? This was the discution ? I guess nobody understood the major danger for a MH servers. Is so impossible to map with a door bumped or a teleporter to avoid be killed immediately after spawn ? Come on. A few monsters fighting good make the game to be more interesting.
Question: Why the engine.counter is limited to 255 ? Only for fun ?

Beside this, can you imagine that, monsters cannot always follow paths because of terrain. Also, they are lazy, they have If I saw a correct code and understood it 80 paths to follow and bosses only 40. So ? We are affraid of them ? Then I guess we are cowards chickens. I'm not scared of monsters.

I'm already testing a compilation of MH with a different attraction function. I will keep it for me (on-line will mismatch everybody). Doesn't matter, I'm satisfied anyway.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:38 am
Steals others work

Post Lift Mess
I have another very big problem in my newest map!
The bots don use a lift on which they gonna be needed.
The lift points seem to work but it takes too long because
it very often comes back up because of them running under it.
Also there is always one bot which camps at the liftexit
and wont come up at all even not after the rest finally did.
Also a single commanded bot doesnt follow and waits down
there instead. Please someone help us ... !

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 am
Profile WWW

Read about A.I. mapping. Bots will never use a lift or very rarely if is BumpOpenTimed. I sugest after the console's request to put StandOpenTimed. Much better than using a trigger for open a mover (door). Lift center must be movable (I mean to can be moved with the lift in the same time) if is static will be always in the same place and bots will attempt to camp on it colliding with lift. If you want to see some details I have my webpage with downloads section. There is a folder with maps A.I. pathed named Bot_Maps. Will see a remoded version of Akemi Vs Tomoko with sufix _R. Download it, and take a look in brutes area to see lifts properties. Never use BumpOpenTimed. Of course I know how to use a BumpButon for A.I. (bots are not so stupid like people believe). And not the last thing, take care about A.I. paths to be blue. Red paths are not an option in MH for A.I. (any). You can also check MH-Gauntlet_AI. Will see other lift used succesfully by bots, is in the same folder with other maps pathed for A.I. Majority works 100%, others working better in cover support. Do not blame me for download speed, I appologise for my provider speed.

About Turning the mover:
Ha, ha, ha, Now I guess why my mutator seems to be better than many, my lifts kill everything in their range with 500000 damage if a pawn (any) try to stop it or turn back. No more wasting time or confusing bots or any pawn. I writed a //very light fix code antimadness. 30% BT traps from some MH maps are now ruined by my mutator (I hate crap BT combined with MH, I saw too many players leaving game with BT because they died too many times), is a small delay added for instant movers.
Of course, I can improve it but first I have to create a "what to do list" in my UT notebook to see other fixations.

Now, I've seen too, bots attempting to jump from lift. Here is a delicated problem. I don't know exactly why they are afraid of that lift but problem can be resolved with a strong kicker with KickedClasses 'Bot', this will not affect players or monsters. You can place the kicker in their way when they attempt to leave the lift. Or a simple solution: do not use movers-lifts, use teleports, is better for any pawn.

PS: Do not sign remoded maps as being made by you, authors will gonna be pissed of by this. Is better to put a text in a trigger: "Version ported in MH by ..., Bot mapping by..."; or: Map remoded by... . Delay this text with 12 seconds at the beginning of map where you can add objectives too.

Doesn't hurt if you visit http://unreal.epicgames.com/AI.htm
or
http://unreal.epicgames.com/UT_AI.htm

My small WebPage is http://sektornelsona.no-ip.org:8000/
or you can have direct access to downloads on port 9000. Wait a bit for list to be generated.

Now, I think my next homework for next mutator release will be to remove block monsters. Is a mess, is blocking any pawn (including bots: UT bots, UnrealI bots, SkaarjBot). I will destroy everything which is blocking A.I.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:05 pm
Steals others work

I actually can live with the lift how it is.
But my bots dont assault and run on place when ordered so.
Regardless where the monsterwaypoints or the player starts are.
So who plays with bots probably must act a team leader
because then they act normal ... .

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 pm
Profile WWW

I guess is hard to open a good map in editor to see how is pathed. AA, I understand now. You are unable to modify movers in editor. You just stole some maps and claim as being yours.

You know, I fixed a few stupid mapped maps. Most of them, very interesting to be pathed (I mean so easy) but mapper was too retard to do this. In fact, if you don't have pathnodes in map you can say bye to relics. Relics spawns on pathnodes.

They don't need a Leader, just good pathing. They can finish MH maps without you.
MonsterWaypoint has a variable named Position. If you repeat position they will be lost seeking for next position.
Position starting with number 1 not 0. This must be placed close to a pathnode which has blue path. Next MonsterWaypoint will be 2 then 3, etc.

And trust me, paths donne through a lift BumpOpenTimed is worse for bots. Is so hard to make it StandOpenTimed ? If no paths, They will digg a hole running in place.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 am

Nelsona wrote:
Pathing in MH ? Was a discution ? You suggest is better in MH 300 retarded monsters replacing 20 very smart ? Spam ? This was the discution ?

please direct me to where I suggested that 300 retarded monsters are better that 20 of what you call very smart.... ???

you might want to learn how to read and write English first before coming here making wrong assumptions with a really bad attitude towards everyone.

Nelsona wrote:
Beside this, can you imagine that, monsters cannot always follow paths because of terrain. Also, they are lazy,

yet another assumption, when are script coded pawns lazy? Theyre not living creatures, they run by code!!!

you can path pretty much everything and get it to work properly with the right knowledge and experience. Assumptions of something you havent tried and brought up proof of it does not make any sense.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:55 am
Steals others work

Well - my path web covers the entire map before the bots can reach the MonsterEnd.
But they are anyway too stupid to build a tactical group for assault.
And about this I can fly into the lords castle order to hold position
and return if I want because this works fine.

EDIT: Damn - this coverX mod idea is so f** great!
I already pmed it to waffnuffly (EXUmaker).
If I only could find this booky console bot ordering mod again ... .

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 am
Profile WWW

Let's take the things a bit slower, I don't want to have headaches about infinite monsters spawned for an assumed hard map. After three hours of hunting server crashed with 2 millions garbage objects unable to be removed by a limited engine. Is ok now ?

As Zacman said, my options are to have medium monsters with map pathed and alarmpoints or other beauty triggers, a limited number for a better engine handling of A.I. This will result in no more talkshow like Oprah in MH games. Is a shooter game not a crap. If you stop hunting, you are hunted. People started a big confusion between UT_MH and Facebook or Twitter.

Sorry for my opinion and appologise my english because I'm not english, I already posted this issue.

I have X examples of maps (I don't want to speak bad things about mapping because people worked for maps), but let's see virtualy: OBJECTIVES: You must kill 500000 monsters for open end door; My mind tell me: This is a boring bullshit !

I see latest maps (No names here). There are so many actors in maps resulting in retarded and blind monsters. 2 Skaarj with insta in last area, me an other guy making jokes and taunting bullshits. We aproached closer, they were still blind. Finally they jumped when we reached at aprox 400 points from them. This is MH ? I guess not. Loading engine for a retarded assumed HUNT. Come on !. Those maps will never take place in my server.

Explain then my bad attitude. Where I'm wrong when I tell the true ? Aa, you don't like the true. Ok, then subject closed for me.

Smart - Pupae and titans are stupid - I changed their Intelligence to Human.
Why ? Lava between me and pupaes made them to jump in lava suiciding because of their stupidity. More brain - resulted in pupae attempted to follow a path to hunt me down not jumping in lava suiciding. I tested already many options. I know what I saw.

And is not any assumption, is based on tests run in some remods. I will not repeat again which monsters followed paths to hunt me down, and which monsters were stucked in a large place.

If I'm wrong, appologise again, but can you explain me this ?
:var int numHuntPaths;

function PickDestination()
{
local Actor path;
if ((OrderObject == None) || actorReachable(OrderObject))
{
numHuntPaths = 0;
OrderObject = FindRandomDest();
if ( OrderObject != None )
GotoState('Roaming', 'Pausing');
else
GotoState('Wandering');
return;
}
numHuntPaths++;
if ( numHuntPaths > 80 )
GotoState('Wandering'); :mad: WTF is here, man ?
if (SpecialGoal != None)
path = FindPathToward(SpecialGoal);
else if (OrderObject != None)
path = FindPathToward(OrderObject);
else
path = None;

if (path != None)
{
MoveTarget = path;
Destination = path.Location;
}
else
GotoState('Wandering');
}

if ( !bIsBoss && (NumHuntPaths > 20) && ((Intelligence < BRAINS_Human) || (NumHuntPaths > 60)) ) //???????????
{
WhatToDoNext('', ''); //What they do? Drinking a beer maybe.
return;
}

These are a few lines from ScriptedPawn code. All right now ? If not I say bye everybody.

Want to see more craps ? I guess is recommended for me to stop here. Good hunt and Good mapping for everybody !

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 pm
Steals others work

Wait ... are by chance YOU the japanese dude who made MH-FreeCapitalCity2o0?
...LOL ... !

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next