Planet MH Operation Na Pali server (Closed)

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Yes, that's the map. It's already on the server. I'd rather do it on a map rotation basis, not a portal map, not mapvote, just a set map rotation.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

I've looked into switching to different mods, but I noticed that the teleporters merely tell the Game to send players to a map. The Game then tells the players where they should get sent to.

The problem is that it works the same way a servertravel works online: it would keep the current GameType. I can't seem to find anything about changing the GameType. This would be fine if you only run mods that use Oldskool's 'tvcoop' gametype, though. I'm not sure what gametypes most co-op mods use.

About my ONP-fixing mut: I've gotten everything coded in except for NP14MClaneDrPest's buggy playerstarts, I'll get that going a little later. I'll do some more testing to make sure nothing breaks.

EDIT: Next up to fix are the PlayerStarts in NP33 & NP14. PlayerStart issues are simple: what causes them to not get disabled completely are the bCoopStart & bSinglePlayerStart settings. It seems that UT goes to playerstarts with those set in first WITHOUT checking to see if they are enabled. A lot of the times, it even picks one of these over an enabled one!

All my mut does is wait for them to get disabled and then set those two settings to false along with setting the Tag to blank. This way, the PlayerStart would never get used again.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Skillz, mapvote would be the simplest way to make multi-mods work. Teleporters cannot be coded into switching gametypes. I could simply use a mutator to replace the ending teleporters at the end of each mod with a trigger that will end the match and bring mapvote up. Players vote for the next mod and mapvote will do it's thing.

Also, what's the status on this server? Did you figure out the lag issue?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Server will be back up shortly. Just been a bit busy lately with stuff.

Also I see that Nexgen 1.10 will have a new method of applying the Nexgen HUD. Hopefully this will address/solve the UnrealHUD issue that ONP causes. Then we wont have to worry about making custom mutators or using mapvote to change game types. The admin(s) I setup on the server can rotate them as they see fit.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Nice; I can't wait for Nexgen 1.10! I told MSuLL about the crashing a while ago, so maybe he forwarded it to Defrost.

My ONP fixer is getting close to done. I've got to test some more maps and add a few more things in to get all of the playerstarts working. I noticed that a lot of the problems are that some of the mappers just don't disable the old playerstarts when they enable new ones. :hsdunno: Thankfully, it is a quick fix with a line of code for each trouble map.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Dang, didn't realize this server wasn't running anymore.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

I didn't bother you about it because I thought you just took it down because of the lag issue. :lol:

Thanks for putting it back up, I was really missing it!

I've added it back to GT: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .189:9000/
Stats were automatically erased since it was down for so long.

Planet MH #2 has been down for a while as well. (Long enough for GameTracker to delete the stats!)

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Yea I didn't plan on starting PMH #2 back up anytime soon.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Update on the ONP fixer.

There is a big glitch in ONP that allows players to have the SuperShockRifle and/or the Translocator if they leave the server and come back after certain maps. I just finished adding this into the mutator. ONP made it nice and easy, it has a list of weapons to destroy on spawn, so I just have my mut add these into that list when the server runs the 2 maps it can glitch on. (NP34 & NP35)

No more glitch. ;)
:wiggle:

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

My mutator is nearing completion. I hope to have it ready to test sometime this week. Here is the lowdown:

Map specific PlayerStart fixes:
NP06
NP08
NP09
NP14
NP15
NP33
NP34

Misc Fixes
NP08: Big lifts are now set to TriggerOpenTimed, so they return to their position without requiring players to hit the trigger again.

NP09: One lift used to only activate once, leaving players to jump to their death.

NP24: Glitchy water zone that causes players to get stuck in it. A Kicker has been spawned on top to prevent players from getting stuck.

NP32: Poorly placed DispersionPistol gets destroyed once the door near it moves. Gun has been moved to a safer position.

NP34 & NP35: Removes Translocator/SuperShockRifle weapons from inventories. (See previous post for more info.)

NP35: Displays a congrats message at the end of the map. (Message can be configured.)

General Fixes
Movers that are set to TriggerOnceOnly have been set to IgnoreWhenEncroach

FriendlyFire protection: Prevents players from harming cows/nali and followers.

----------------
All of these fixes can be individually enabled/disabled through the ini file.