Planet MH Operation Na Pali server (Closed)

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

UTvixen wrote:I got a credits mismatch on level 28 or 29. Shouldn't have. It was the level that the 120 to 130 patch has. Can you reupload the level, i suspect that will be the fix.

Added after 14 minutes:

also, do you mind if i have a temporary admin pass, so that I can finish where myself and sean left off?
Strange, I'll reupload the 130 patch. If that patch has the newest, then obviously the map is using an older version. :hsdunno:

Added after 52 minutes:

Hmm the 130 patch doesn't have any files named "credit" :hsdunno:

Downloading ONP 120

Added after 44 minutes:

Well damn, even more strange, ONP 120 doesn't have any credits files either. I checked on the server and it is a texture file.

Strange. :ugh:
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

About Credits, I've seen that mismatch happening before. There is the default Credits.utx which is used for the UT Credits map and then theres also a Credits.umx file out there. Sometimes UT gets confused about which Credits file it needs to look for. (This can also happen to other file types sharing the same names.)

I don't know why an ONP map is referencing that texture pack, though. If any of you've looked at some ONP maps in the editor, they sometimes like to leave suprises somewhere you can't get to without ghosting ingame. Perhaps something like that was used in level 28-29. I do know that theres a naughty image in the Vortex Rikers level. ;)

EDIT: I just checked NP 28, it uses the Credits texture pack simply for a little effect. :hsdunno:
Not a big issue. People getting the mismatch, simply move your Credits.umx file out of your UT folder and it should all be good to go.

UTvixen

Post by UTvixen »

level 28 was in the patch. I suggest replacing level 28 with patched level. Im sure that wil fix it.

Otherwise, i dont know what hte patch would be for.

Added after 59 minutes:

still mismatch, did it from other computer. let server download everything. Deleted umx.

Added after 6 minutes:

pesae please please, fix it. We played thru 22-27 again just to play 28. did you replace the level with the one in the patch? 120-130
Theres a level in the patch called something like np28.unr, it replaces the one from version 120. it would make sense that that would be the solution, as it is only 1 of 2 files in the patch...and the only level addressed in the patch.
pleaseeeeeeee
[img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/165/11111111111cccccccccccgz8.jpg[/img]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

NP02DavidM.unr
olextras.u

Those are the only two files in the patch and I can assure you, both versions are uploaded on the server.

What patch are you talking about that has np28.unr in it?

I downloaded the patch located here:

http://teamvortex.planetunreal.gamespy.com/Help/
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Skillz just played through to the end, no issues.
[b]BANNED FOR LIFE[/b]

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Yeah, what patch ARE you talking about? The only official ONP patch is the one Skillz mentioned. The mismatch issue shouldn't be with the server, I have all of the ONP files and I have not had any mismatches.

Are you still mismatching on the Credits file? Try removing your Credits.utx file from your UT folder; it may be damaged or it may have been modified. Also make sure you don't have anyother file named Credits anywhere (Sounds/Music)

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

We've been having some teamkills (mostly accidental), so I thought I should clarify some things.

Some monsters in ONP are friendly. There are two types of friendlies: followers and regulars.

Regulars usually don't do anything, but some Nali are scripted to show you to secret areas or guide you through a scene. Regulars include:

Cows
Nali Rabbits
Nali

Followers are monsters that follow you and help you fight. They can be controlled by using your "Hold this position" and "Cover Me" voice commands. Their master is whoever they see first. These include:

Nali (with guns)
Mercenaries
SkaarjLord (This one is only found in one level)

There are a few maps with Nali that fight YOU, though. If you are unsure, point at the Nali and your crosshair will turn RED if they are an enemy. If your crosshair turns BLUE or GREEN then you are pointing at a friend or player. Also note that if you stand in the way of a friend's shot, you WILL take damage!

EVERY Mercenary in ONP is friendly, so don't you ever shoot one! :nono:

(You will lose a bunch of points if you ever kill a friendly.)

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Skillz, the ONP server has been stuck on NP25 for about 5 hours. (Caused by someone getting in the way of a mover.)

Please restart the server.

Khazzor

Post by Khazzor »

<GF>-REX!! wrote:Skillz, the ONP server has been stuck on NP25 for about 5 hours. (Caused by someone getting in the way of a mover.)

Please restart the server.
Yea i was stuck there. It was a "Bore-Horror" :lol:
You are reading this.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/khazzor][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/khazzor.png[/img][/url]

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

I've been looking into getting Nexgen to work with ONP. It seems that it might require a custom Nexgen plugin in order to work. I'll see what I can do.

(Nexgen only supports UT HUDs which are also known as ChallengeHUDs, but ONP uses UnrealHUDs.)