* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CreatureFactory question
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm 

Is it possible to set the monsters health e.t.c when you use CreatureFactory ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 am 
Steals others work

No - but you can subclass a new one with changed attributes which should work.
Dont forget to hit compile changed scripts after naming the new pawn.
Its maybe even possible to save them in mylevel ... .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 am 

Not with a CreatureFactory but with a custom SpawnPoint instead. The SpawnPoint is the one that actually spawns the actors and can be coded with configurable variables for each creature's specific variables or simply with all ScriptedPawn's global variables.

In MH-ShootingGuys there's a CreatureFactory that deals with monster spawning but they don't deal with specific variables for each pawn. In my opinion, that is bad practice because you will have to use one factory for every spot you want to spawn them, and they cannot be linked with several SpawnPoints for diverse spawning on different spots for one monster class. And because of the above, you would need several factories which will reduce performance on the game since the factories have to run a timer for the spawning while SpawnPoints are Static(don't run tickrate or timer preventing performance loss).

I do have a script that does all that but I haven't tested all the variables completely yet. I remember not finishing it because the SkaarjTroopers were not getting the weapon I was specifying with the custom spawnpoint. I tried several ways to script it but I wasn't able to get it to work properly. Once I find a hack to do that, I will post the script for all to use.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:47 am 

Ok thx,I am trying to edit some broken maps to put up, or big maps that had only 1-2 monster,I like the MH-ShootingGuys is fun and popular map but tend to lag a lot especially in the warlord-rooms.
If you get the script to work let me now ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:36 pm 

SkaarjTroppers are some strange classes, their bug is accelerated by so called old weapons (is not a presumption). I recompiled other kind of MH, once used normal UT weapons, no problem at all, if you fool with so called OLD weapons they will be buggy. Actually, I can say, those OLD weapons are only some craps, see quadshot case the best prove. That weapon is forgoted to be fixed in MH and even a Skaarj wearing that weapon will never fire. OLweapons are not so different, the same F5 crap when timer become more agressive, were ruined more skaarj classes. Default MH pure will show you SkaarjSniper in F5. UTJMH old versions will boost the bug with Infantry, even Gunner, etc.

About spawning different types, hm, will be nice to know more about this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 pm 

OLDWeapons were ported over from Oldskool Amp'd (Which is designed for SP, I.E OFFLINE play) so that's why it acts wierd in MH. If you want to use the Unreal 1 weapons, better to mylevel a copy and pasted script of the original weapon. War_Master, have you had a look at Asgard's UMS Space Marines mod? IIRC, that had special spawners for the marines to change their settings, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 am 

The question is about the health , can you subclass a new one with changed attributes . that type of the question You can definetly subclass a new one with changed attributes .In MH-ShootingGuys there's a CreatureFactory that deals with monster spawning but they don't deal with specific variables for each pawn.you will have to use one factory for every spot you want to spawn them, and they cannot be linked with several SpawnPoints for diverse spawning on different spots for one monster class.Troppers are some strange classes, their bug is accelerated by so called old weapons.