I'm new, and don't know how to play

kungfuhungsu

I'm new, and don't know how to play

Post by kungfuhungsu »

Hi guys, myself and a friend of mine have been searching for a new game to play, and would like to try this out! Thing is, I have never played UT, never mind modding it, so I have absolutely no idea how to get this mod going.

What do I have to download to start playing Monster Hunt?
How do I start playing Monster Hunt once i have those bits?

Thanks a heap =)

I see, I didn't know that each of those corresponding directories (maps, system etc) just had to go over the existing ones in the UT directory. Sorted now!

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Welcome the the premier spot for anything Monster Hunt. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away. There is an exceptional group of players here and anyone would be willing to help. Your site admin is Skillz and he is the best when it comes to helping you get sorted.

Jump on either of the servers, say "I'm new, what do I do" and you'll be well taken care of. If you want to practice, there is a large selection of maps available to you as a registered member. Simply download them, unzip, and place into the corresponding folder in your UT installation. It's not as much fun offline though, as some of the real fun is finding out "what's on the other side" by earning it and not cheating. There are still several spots on some maps I haven't been able to see because I can't reach them (poor jumping skills :meh: ) but sooner or later I'll earn them.

Have a great time and glad you joined!

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Welcome, easiest way to get started is to just join a MH server. You'll automatically download everything you need and start playing right away.

Just get Unreal Tournament with the v436 patch. We run two servers. You can see them at the top of this page.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

vincent285

Welcome

Post by vincent285 »

Welcome to Planet Monster Hunt Enjoy yourself :cool:

H꣣Fï®è

Post by H꣣Fï®è »

Welcome aboard :beer:
[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qx1e9y.jpg[/img]

kungfuhungsu

Post by kungfuhungsu »

Hmm, I have a problem! Some of the maps won't load, on the map selection window, they have a black preview, and I can't actually play them. Does anyone know what I might be missing?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

kungfuhungsu wrote:Hmm, I have a problem! Some of the maps won't load, on the map selection window, they have a black preview, and I can't actually play them. Does anyone know what I might be missing?
Map selection window where? You trying to play them locally? Some maps do not have a screen shot included with them, so it'll be a blank screen but they will still play. Does it crash your game when you try to play them?

Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Kungfu says they won't play, I guess that they might be missing files.. Does the screen give any detail on this?
[img]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6645/seralsigep4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/263/3/e/Derideal_Fanstamp_by_Flammenwolf.jpg[/img]
Alucard supports [url=http://www.derideal.com]derideal[/url]

kungfuhungsu

Post by kungfuhungsu »

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned, it says:

"Can't find file for package 'xxx'"

The maps are just from the map packs over on the download page. They ask for packages like "Invasion" and "cs_italy", but i don't know where to find these...

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

For some reason those packages are missing a ton of files, I honestly have no idea why. If you could be more specific on which map packs you downloaded, which maps you downloaded and the files it says are missing I can update the archives with the new files it's requesting.