Mapping contest...?

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Got one of those for my kid. He loves to play with photoshop and those things are boss for that. If you work with picture editing or if you do graphic design, they can't be beat.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

I went looking at some, they seem a bit pricey. So nevermind on that. :lol:
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Yeah I went cheap. Don't do that. You get what you pay for.

They really have quite specific uses and I think for the average mapper/player it wouldn't do much good. If you were skinning/modeling then maybe but maya and 3D max are made for mouse input.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Ah yea, good points.

--=BliZz=--

Post by --=BliZz=-- »

ok and what for videocard and keyboard and mouse are u thinking off maybe some pictures or the name of it and what time do you get for making the map i whas thinking of 1 month or maybe 2 months cause if you wanne make a good map you need to put time in it
oh and i will map for it but you already expected that i think :p :)
www.blizz.planetmonsterhunt.com for my maps and other stuff
http://www.1000mphstudios.co.cc/forum UT Development Team
[img]http://www2.razerzone.com/tag-generator/label_images/1217000321_1718011156.jpg[/img]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Well if GoPostal is serious about ~$200ish, then something like a 9800GTX would be possible. Even a Radeon HD3650 or HD3870 X2 would be possible too. Since we are setting a "price range" and not an actual card, we want the winner to be able to choose some what. Maybe they are on an AGP system, so a PCI-x card would be useless to them, for example.

The mouse and keyboard would be a Razer. A mouse in the $50 range and a keyboard no more than $80 range.

Plus some other smaller goodies, such as usb thumb drives and what not. Trying to leave the "items" in a loose manner, not anything concrete for just in case. Never know who may win, it might be an Ati enthusiasts, so why would they want a Nvidia card? Ya know?

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

It's just my opinion but if it were me I'd pick something out and go with that. Find a card that goes both AGP and PCI *or* offer a choice between two particular cards. That way when you post the announcements you can specifiy X card as the winning prize. My gut tells me that being exact on this will benefit you.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Well this is all on you then. Since you'll be the one buying the cards, pick out two cards. AGP or PCI-x and let me know.

Actually, maybe do four cards. Two cards from ATi one AGP one PCIx, and two cards from Nvidia on AGP and one PCIx. Then let them choose. :hsdunno:

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Yeah good idea. Getting ready to crap out soon, but I'll whip up two each in the morning and see what you think. I'll see about the drives too. I might go ahead and order a box. Even if this doesn't happen I can still give them out to my geek buds.

--=BliZz=--

Post by --=BliZz=-- »

well maybe you can start now with searching for ppl who wanne map for the contest i'm already in for the mapping if i may participate :)
www.blizz.planetmonsterhunt.com for my maps and other stuff
http://www.1000mphstudios.co.cc/forum UT Development Team
[img]http://www2.razerzone.com/tag-generator/label_images/1217000321_1718011156.jpg[/img]