MH-PlanetMonsterhunt

--=BliZz=--

MH-PlanetMonsterhunt

Post by --=BliZz=-- »

This is a map that i'm making for Planetmonsterhunt server only its a map where i'm putting all my free time in so i hope you all will like this map when its finished i hope it will be my best ever
i will post some pictures from the start of the map as soon as i have some good light / texture combination in the map
PS: if you ppl have some idea's for things you want in the map just let me know and i will see if i can put it in on the map
www.blizz.planetmonsterhunt.com for my maps and other stuff
http://www.1000mphstudios.co.cc/forum UT Development Team
[img]http://www2.razerzone.com/tag-generator/label_images/1217000321_1718011156.jpg[/img]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Hmm, pretty interested. Can't wait to see what the screenshots look like.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

--=BliZz=--

Post by --=BliZz=-- »

Screenshots:

More screenshots comming soon !!
[img]http://www2.razerzone.com/tag-generator/label_images/1217000321_1718011156.jpg[/img]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Holy shit that looks stunning so far. :eek3:

NinjaNali

Post by NinjaNali »

Looking nice, like the skybox, but just a few pointers imo:
Pic 1:
Turn down the birghtness of the lights coming from the vehicle, they're way too bright and completely ruin the scene I think.
Texture a few things better, to be more specific the pillars and the terrain if you can.
Try to make the castle itself less of a cube as long as that doesn't subtract from anything you want to put in it, but still, decorate it a little more.
A few shrubs and / or trees would look nice I think.
Pic 2:
Looks nice from what we can see, if the whole room is that empty though, put some more deco in there.
Pic 3:
Don't think the ceiling texture looks that nice really, I'd say try replacing it with something a little more bland and.... ceilingish.
If this room of the building (which I'm guessing is the same one we see in pic 1) is very close to the top of the building (or in other words, if there won't be another floor.) But in some ceiling decoration, like windows and stuff. They aren't really that hard to do, and almost always add a really nice effect to the room.
Again, add some more deco, change the pillar textures and stuff.
I can't really tell (and you don't have to bother really) but is there any volumetric fog coming from the side grate? I can't really tell, but it'd be something nice to put in if there isn't and you have some spare resources.
BANZAI!!!!!!

--=BliZz=--

Post by --=BliZz=-- »

NinjaNali wrote:Looking nice, like the skybox, but just a few pointers imo:
Pic 1:
Turn down the birghtness of the lights coming from the vehicle, they're way too bright and completely ruin the scene I think.
Texture a few things better, to be more specific the pillars and the terrain if you can.
Try to make the castle itself less of a cube as long as that doesn't subtract from anything you want to put in it, but still, decorate it a little more.
A few shrubs and / or trees would look nice I think.
Pic 2:
Looks nice from what we can see, if the whole room is that empty though, put some more deco in there.
Pic 3:
Don't think the ceiling texture looks that nice really, I'd say try replacing it with something a little more bland and.... ceilingish.
If this room of the building (which I'm guessing is the same one we see in pic 1) is very close to the top of the building (or in other words, if there won't be another floor.) But in some ceiling decoration, like windows and stuff. They aren't really that hard to do, and almost always add a really nice effect to the room.
Again, add some more deco, change the pillar textures and stuff.
I can't really tell (and you don't have to bother really) but is there any volumetric fog coming from the side grate? I can't really tell, but it'd be something nice to put in if there isn't and you have some spare resources.
well when i started this topic i told that i'm still busy with the lightning and the textures so this aren't the textures for the final version this are just textures to show how the building looks like and there will be more decoration inside the building i just wanted to show some pictures from what i already made
and the thing that u call a grate is a window ;) and the sun is shining trew the window its really sunlight to make it more realistic that the sun is shining i trying to use some shaders in the map for the trees and the sunlight if you know what i mean its a bit like the shaders in ut3 but than less more advanced

NinjaNali

Post by NinjaNali »

Ah ok, understood.
BANZAI!!!!!!

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

BliZz I can't map anywhere near as good as you, but if there is any "extras" I can help with, let me know.

Really nice work so far too from what we can see. :naughtyd:

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Would you like me to work up some PlanetMonsterHunt.com textures to use on the map? :hsdunno:

I've seen some maps that broadcast messages in the middle of the screen, normally telling you to do something or what's going on in the beginning of the map. You going to add something similar, telling people to come here? :x

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Skillz that's something you might consider making. Something circularish maybe that is the PMH logo. We could upload several versions of the master logo, different sizes, maybe a couple with alpha channel, even make one a watermark for your pictures. I like the logo up top but you need something you can badge things with pretty easy and we can use as our avatar when we cheat on you with other boards :eek: