Put image

Tugui

Put image

Post by Tugui »

Hi all,
I wont to put an image into map (liandri for example), some body nows how can i do it?

I proved with UnrealEd but i dont now how can i do it.

my game is unreal tournament 99

Sorry for my english, im spanish.

Thank you in advanced.

evilgrins

Re: Put image

Post by evilgrins »

This may be pretty simple, involves MyLevel.

First off, what pic do you wanna use and how big is it?

You may have to scale it down to 256x256, though not necessarily.

DrunkenPeamole

Post by DrunkenPeamole »

1. Make a (*.bmp) or (*.pcx) image that is 256X256 pixels in size, as evilgrins said. Note: Its name must be "Screenshot."
2. Open your map in UnrealEd.exe.
3. Open the "Texture Browser" at the top.
4. In the "Texture Browser" click File, Import... and find your file by clicking the Open button. Note: In the "Import Textures," next to "Files of type:," you need to select "All Files" if your image is a .bmp file. Your file should be called "Screenshot"
5. Next, a small window called "Import Texture" will appear. DO NOT press the X, Cancel or Skip buttons.
Package: MyLevel
Group:
Name: Screenshot
Make sure that there are no check marks ✓ present. Press OK. Note: In the "Texture Browser," DO NOT press File, Save! You DO NOT want to make a file called MyLevel.utx! :nono:
6. In UnrealEd, click View, Level Properties. In "Level Properties" click the + next to "LevelInfo." Click "Screenshot;" then, click the ... button. Click on the image called "Screanshot" that you added in the "Texture Browser." Then go back to "Level Properties," press "Screanshot," then press the Use button.
Note: Something should happen when you press the Use button! If nothing is happening then something is very wrong with that annoying UnrealEd.exe program! It's probably not your fault... :hsdunno:
7. In UnrealEd, click File, Save.
8. Check if it works in UT99: GOTY or whatever game.

DrunkenPeamole

Post by DrunkenPeamole »

1. Make a (*.bmp) or (*.pcx) image that is 256X256 pixels in size, as evilgrins said. Note: Its name must be "Screenshot."
2. Open your map in UnrealEd.exe.
3. Open the "Texture Browser" at the top.
4. In the "Texture Browser" click File, Import... and find your file by clicking the Open button. Note: In the "Import Textures," next to "Files of type:," you need to select "All Files" if your image is a .bmp file. Your file should be called "Screenshot"
5. Next, a small window called "Import Texture" will appear. DO NOT press the X, Cancel or Skip buttons.
Package: MyLevel
Group:
Name: Screenshot
Make sure that there are no check marks ✓ present. Press OK. Note: In the "Texture Browser," DO NOT press File, Save! You DO NOT want to make a file called MyLevel.utx! :nono:
6. In UnrealEd, click View, Level Properties. In "Level Properties" click the + next to "LevelInfo." Click "Screenshot;" then, click the ... button. Click on the image called "Screanshot" that you added in the "Texture Browser." Then go back to "Level Properties," press "Screanshot," then press the Use button.
Note: Something should happen when you press the Use button! If nothing is happening then something is very wrong with that annoying UnrealEd.exe program! It's probably not your fault... :hsdunno:
7. In UnrealEd, click File, Save.
8. Check if it works in UT99: GOTY or whatever game.