Monster Hunt Mapping Guide

Nelsona

Re: Monster Hunt Mapping Guide

Post by Nelsona »

Just a few words for Rob, man if you are ROB the author of MH-Kitarra I say: RESPECT × 16384 times. :)

Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks, though now it looks really old.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Another thing for new mappers that piss me off and is not good, those new guys called mappers not very often keep a contact with a good mapper (ROB, Kardiologist, War_Master, etc.) for asking about how to use a triggered MonsterEnd or a dispatcher, a little bot support. I'm sure about that they don't know a little big detail: A map without pathnodes is a map almost without relics, they never checked or studied relics code. Relics usually spawns on pathnodes or other triggers (a map Like KillThemAll by SPG has no relics at all, no pathnodes, no other interesting trigger, is only a race to MonsterEnd, bots are lost, I suggest a teleport directly to MonsterEnd) :meh:
I always respected a complete work because is an example for mapping.

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Is there some easy guide how to make a decent end to a mh-map ?
I added the end in a spot but i only want it to show after you kill,lets say
90 % of the monsters

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Some Island Invasion example ? I will check both of my versions in editor and then I will post my conclusion about triggering end with number of monsters because I want the same crap I mean to hunt monsters not runing to end.

Thx for suggestion, great ideea.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Back :) About some end with 90% monsters killed
Answer is very simple in Island Invasion, but you can map in other manner. Let's say virtual:

100 Monsters in a map, 89 monsters had event CountToEnd,
a counter somewhere with TAG CountToEnd with I think 90 pieces to count if I'm not wrong. The event of counter will be let's say EndingThis. MonsterEnd will be placed somewhere in the middle of map with CollisionRadius=9000 or 11000 depending on map size and CollisionHeight=8000 or more depending on map, you can check his range with RadiiView of an actor from a window view contextual menu in editor. His properties - Object - InitialState - OtherTriggerTurnsOn, Trigger - bInitiallyActive - False. Also his TAG will be EndingThis, that's all.

In Island Invasion MHEND radius is 6000 but height is only 40, LOL you must be almost in the same height with it to end map. Is hard to end it if MonsterEnd is not visible and you are newbie in the map.

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Thx for the quick answer Nel ,Gonna try it tomorrow :bowdown:

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

No problem, I promissed in this forum that I will help anyone with all my knowledge (my knowledge is some limited in mapping and coding, but simple things can be easy decrypted).

Kaal979
Steals others work

Post by Kaal979 »

Updated CHEATORIAL7 below ... .
Last edited by WhedRitte on Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 am, edited 12 times in total.
Is a thief.

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Sorry Nel but i got so lost in that Description how to end a map,This is the first map i make and i never used UTED before and it takes days for each thing to figure out,And i feel i need some Valium soon :meh: I got black-belt in server-setup but on UTED i am a total n00b so could you do a longer one like "end a MH-map for dummies"