First map

BiGbOsS

First map

Post by BiGbOsS »

Here is my first map ever
Name: MH-BOX
obviously a monster hunt level, no story line, kind of a level like akemi where you just run around killing stuff.
Level is supposed to be dark so i threw in search lights
This is my first map first version ever, shouldnt be any good, but im about to make version 2 and if u guys dont mind i could really use some feedback.
I dont care whether its negative or positive feedback, dont worry i can take what you guys dish out 8).
It actually is a pretty sucky map lol but i just wanted to see how everything works.
After i make version two then finalize this map, i will start on a new project.

Here is the download----->MH-BOX
Visit us at [url]http://www.hooksutplace.co.nr[/url]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

If you want positive feedback, then just post screen shots. Nothing more. Putting the map online for someone to test will just cause some goofy server admin to load it onto his server for newbs to play on.

Let the constructive criticizing come from the screen shots you post of the map(s). Chances are, you first few maps aren't going to be worth anything.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS »

Well now did we not read?
I dont care whether positive or negative feedback, i would actually rather have negative feedback.
If your able to judge a map based on just screenshots, and not the style of gameplay then your judging basically on how it looks am i right?
Oh well at least i tried.....

Let the goofy admins stick it on their server, everybody starts as a "newb" or a "goofy admin" they then get filtered out to be regular players, regular admins, or they just stop trying. this map will eventually die out and be forgotten anyways so it doesnt matter much =P
Visit us at [url]http://www.hooksutplace.co.nr[/url]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

I guess you should take your own advice. One of the most important things of a map is the game play/flow of a map; you are right about that. Though a pretty map can make up for lack of game play sometimes, when 90% of the MH maps out there don't have anything. I think it would be best for you to learn the eye candy aspect of Unreal Ed (The easiest thing to do) before getting in depth with actual level design.

Just my $.02.

By the way, when I said "positive feedback" I was referring to constructive criticizing as well. Even though it's "criticizing" your work it can be in a "good" way, thus giving you "positive feedback" about your map.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Hook

Post by Hook »

BiGbOsS, you have some really good ideas in your map as far as I can tell. :D
Skillz has some good advice (I agree) about learning some of the "eye candy" stuff. :wink:
Then your maps will be pretty darn good! 8)
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777