Redirect server not updating previously uploaded content

tonycstech

Redirect server not updating previously uploaded content

Post by tonycstech »

I uploaded map to redirect server into UT3 uz3.ut-files.com.
Later i made changes to the map and uploaded new version.
I then clicked uz3.ut-files.com/CTF-RBTT_Invasion_Saved.ut3.uz3 and it downloaded map that i uploaded days ago.
I confirm this by connecting to the server and it downloads 523kb (1st uploaded) instead of 1.84mb (more recent attempt)

What am i doing wrong ? Does redirect not replacing previously uploaded content or do i need to make a special request ?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Redirect server not updating previously uploaded content

Post by Skillz »

tonycstech wrote:I uploaded map to redirect server into UT3 uz3.ut-files.com.
Later i made changes to the map and uploaded new version.
I then clicked uz3.ut-files.com/CTF-RBTT_Invasion_Saved.ut3.uz3 and it downloaded map that i uploaded days ago.
I confirm this by connecting to the server and it downloads 523kb (1st uploaded) instead of 1.84mb (more recent attempt)

What am i doing wrong ? Does redirect not replacing previously uploaded content or do i need to make a special request ?
You need to change the file name when you make alterations to a file to prevent file mismatches.

Additionally, I'm not going to waste my time deleting a BETA or ALPHA file from the server every time someone updates it. I would suggest you use a sequential naming convention such as V1, V2 or similar until you've got a completed product.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

tonycstech

Re: Redirect server not updating previously uploaded content

Post by tonycstech »

Didnt know that.
I can see this being a solution for people uploading their own or same file name compromising other servers smooth downloads.

Thanks !