Re: ut 4

Post by jay22 »

I think it'll take off.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

I certainly hope so, but most importantly I hope it's more like the original UT. Would really love to play a modern UT that feels like the game I once played a decade ago.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Hook

Post by Hook »

Ah YES - Skillz says it as it should be! :)
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

tonycstech

Post by tonycstech »

Skillz wrote:I'm not sure I agree with that. Neither UT2k3, UT2k4 nor UT3 have a feel like UT. This is not only due to the movement style but the player models themselves in the later games are all similar. UT's models are much slimmer and agile like, while the latter are these bulky armor wearing characters that just kill it.
Well yeah, people gain weight so no wonder even game characters get fat :) :blue:

Hook

Post by Hook »

Hmmmmm LOL :lol:
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Wow. lol
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead »

The character size with UT3 is exactly one of my biggest gripes with it, second is utter lack of what to me is "ladder mode" campaign ect, I have an old video card by today's standards 1x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB and had been wanting to try out UT4 and see what direction it was going in, I joined a few games yesterday and the day before and was quite happy with it, the character models are somewhat UT3-esque but function movement wise very nimble, they seem to have slimmed them down quite abit. I think aspects of all of them are being brought in but they aren't mandatory persay. I played and won a 99 frag match in Dallas I think with solely UT99 style movement and dodging. So pretty cool, i'm happy with it.
Going back home, Na-Pali or bust.