I can't make maps yet...

evilgrins

I can't make maps yet...

Post by evilgrins »

...but I can edit just a wee bit.

Contrary to the assertion I only edit one particular map, I took MH-FirstTry[SPG] and made MH-2ndTry[EG]. Granted, I've only changed a few things about it.

So far.

As my handsome model here happily displays, I swapped out all the weapons:

That glow behind him was my replacing the highly annoying rainbow explosive redeemer with the only slightly less obnoxious DeemerFireworks.

I took out swapped all the sniper rifles with M16silver & M16sniper rifles:

Finally, I took all of the pupae out of the room next to the starting room and replaced them with predators:

Anyone that knows these lil' reptiles is aware they're practically pirahna with legs. It also makes for a better strategy in dealing with the map because while they're not the strongest creature on the map but if you're willing to play bait you can lead swarms of them into the other rooms where they will eat all of the other monsters.

I'm not quite done editing this yet, though I'm not sure what else I want to do to it.

On a randomly related note:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/40338.html

War_Master

Re: I can't make maps yet...

Post by War_Master »

this is an old thread you posted somewhere else and now youre spamming it here... :nono:

you sure are one attention hungry little kid. I would take it in account if you actually did something of yourself other then editing other people's very lame maps/stuff to try to gain popularity :mad:

evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

War_Master wrote:this is an old thread you posted somewhere else and now youre spamming it here... :nono:

you sure are one attention hungry little kid. I would take it in account if you actually did something of yourself other then editing other people's very lame maps/stuff to try to gain popularity :mad:
Yes & No.

Not so much attention seeking as mildly bugged that many get on my case for making multiple edits of just one map, so I dug this outta the mothballs from a post I put up on Hermskii's & ut99's forums. Not attention seeking, least not completely, but I figured I'd post this to a couple other forums that've poked me on that one point.

And, even if I am an attention seeking kid... I ain't little. I'm 41.

I'm a BIG kid :naughty:

Anyway, I'm new to mapping. I'm mostly a skinner.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Everyone has to start somewhere.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Skillz wrote:Everyone has to start somewhere.
Thank you.

Hermskii

Post by Hermskii »

Yeah, EvilGrins posts a lot everywhere. Sometimes it bugs me or at least it used to. Now I only read the ones that seem new to me or the ones that are on my forum. I pretty much ignore these posts everywhere else but he does motivate people to try stuff and fix stuff too. When I heard he is going to learn to map I decided I am too. Thanks EG you bastage! LOL!
Hermskii

evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Hermskii wrote:Yeah, EvilGrins posts a lot everywhere. Sometimes it bugs me or at least it used to. Now I only read the ones that seem new to me or the ones that are on my forum. I pretty much ignore these posts everywhere else but he does motivate people to try stuff and fix stuff too. When I heard he is going to learn to map I decided I am too. Thanks EG you bastage! LOL!
Somebody is getting coal in their stocking this year...
Bastage, eh?

Hermskii

Post by Hermskii »

I thought it was a very nice back-handed compliment. You didn't? LOL.
Hermskii

evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

Hermskii wrote:I thought it was a very nice back-handed compliment. You didn't? LOL.
I poke you! I poke you in de eye!!

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

kissing ass is never a good thing and is never gonna re-pay you back... and let that be a lesson to you.

j/k