fake bots?

MEAT

fake bots?

Post by MEAT »

I have to laugh.
What gives with servers using fake bots...bots with ping?
Yeah I know it's a way dead servers attract unsuspecting players
but isn't this like cheating? Shouldn't we ban these servers?
And the server owners are either dumb to the fact or just plan clueless.
Well some idiots will do anything to stay alive...lol
Anyone else have an opinion?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: fake bots?

Post by Skillz »

Unreal Tournament server admins aren't the only admins to adopt making bots seem like real players. I don't really see the big deal, not that I will waste my systems resources letting bots essentially play meaningless games against each other.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

zacman

Post by zacman »

All the servers do this, you've never met a real player... You're in teh MATRIX

I do know that some servers use Invisible, unarmed and muted ones to throw of Aimbots and the like, but I've never seen actual fake players on a server XD
armymen wrote:can some people make a warhammer 40k story using ut weapons cause i know im no good at making levels or nuttin like that

DLD-RABBIT

Post by DLD-RABBIT »

What's the point? (Ranking) Just a big waste of time, and effort. They need to take an ego pill.

Hook

Post by Hook »

DLD-RABBIT wrote:What's the point? (Ranking) Just a big waste of time, and effort. They need to take an ego pill.
Yes, I agree - some are obsessed with ranking (cough MEAT cough) - and Ranking doesn't mean much really anyway.
It is hard to measure the actual FUN and Excitement of a server. :naughty:

Actually, ALL "bots" are "fake", when you think about it. :wiggle:

FYI ...
MEAT wrote:
Skillz wrote: The theory is, if real players are on a server, real players will begin to join.
When faced with reality and wanting higher rankings... I've seen some desperate server/forum admins add
ping flavored bots in hopes of attracting real players.
Or, SOME servers, when faced with reality and wanting higher rankings... (quote above) ... I've seen some desperate server/forum admins log in to their own servers multiple times! - and also calling on (emailing) a few loyal players to do the same. - Some even sitting in the server with multiple log in "players" :boink:
Last edited by Hook on Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

evilgrins

Post by evilgrins »

I'm a little fuzzy on the concept of fake bots.
What exactly are they?
Why would anyone give a bot ping?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

To make it seem like you're playing real humans. Most people wont play against the bots, especially on an online game since there is no competition really. You're just beating the AI, you can do that off line. Kind of defeats the purpose of online game play. So some server administrators make the bots seem more like a real player, so players will stay in the server longer. The theory is, if real players are on a server, real players will begin to join.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Skillz wrote: The theory is, if real players are on a server, real players will begin to join.
When faced with reality and wanting higher rankings... I've seen some desperate server/forum admins add
ping flavored bots in hopes of attracting real players.

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

It is funny when total noobs start talking to the bots even when they dont have a ping. And its even funnier when the noobs get mad at the bots because they dont answer back so they go off badmouthing the bots or switching to their team to team kill them :lol:

Laambo

Post by Laambo »

I believe in ut2004 the mutator will even make the bots talk back with certain key words when typed ....that's even funnier to watch! :lol:
Download Laambo UT4 Maps here: https://ut.rushbase.net/Laambo