I BIG problem.......

adil11223344

I BIG problem.......

Post by adil11223344 »

Well i thought that i would start playing UT again but unfortunately all my addons have just disappeared. i tried to put in some physx mod but it wasnt meant for UT so i deleted the Physx mod and next thing you know.i open ut and its all default!
I checked the directorys
I had the maps i
I had the mods.
BUT THEYRE ALL GONE!!!!
WHAT SHALL I DO!!!!!
P.S waffles is my brother

waffles

Post by waffles »

What physics?
Image Image

Feralidragon

Re: I BIG problem.......

Post by Feralidragon »

First, check if you don't have 2 UT installs, and you're looking in the wrong one (btw, not calling you dumb, I have several UT installs myself, setup for different testings and stuff, and this can happen

If that's the correct install (or the only one), and if you're in a Windows system:
- Check your Recicle Bin for the files;
- Check if they're hidden in the UT directories (easy way is to make Ctrl-A and if there are hidden files or folders, it will notify you about them);

After this, if it's proven they aren't there, then it's because they aren't really there at all anymore (which means you did a lot more than just delete that mod), yet there's still hope (I already had to recover deleted UT files once due to my dumbness):
- Restore the system to a time you had everything OK (this should recover them);

If you can't, or if it doesn't work, you have to install/copy the mods you want in UT all over again. Honestly I would take that chance to make a clean UT install and install only the mods I would want to play, as your UT would become more clean and faster for your wishes, it's never good to have any game filled with hundreds of mods, there's always unnecessary high RAM usage, low performance, unstability and such.

Again, ONLY if you are in a Windows system.

If you're in Linux, or Mac, then idk...

zacman

Post by zacman »

Another tip... Any you've made yourself... Double check the filename (I recently had some wierdness where UnrealEd saved my map for the UP contest as a U file O.o)
armymen wrote:can some people make a warhammer 40k story using ut weapons cause i know im no good at making levels or nuttin like that

waffles

hmm

Post by waffles »

In Laptop atm, we use Windows 7 and we might have two... And I checked somewhere and it showed all the MH and other maps, but gametype itself is missing... Can't change my name in Nelsona's Server (seperate Issue).
But..... Hard (well...easy actually) to say...Well..NALI WEAPONS 2 ARE GONE OMG OMG OMG!!!!1!! Where did I see it?? Even saw map I made...
Image Image

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, you can always download MonsterHunt and NW2 again (lots of active downloads around the world for these 2).

Go to Moddb.com, to the Unreal Tournament section, and you will see MH and other mods you might like there and which you might be missing.

waffles

hmm

Post by waffles »

Feralidragon wrote:Well, you can always download MonsterHunt and NW2 again (lots of active downloads around the world for these 2).

Go to Moddb.com, to the Unreal Tournament section, and you will see MH and other mods you might like there and which you might be missing.
Don't know where I got a ut2004 mutator from, it was sooo cool, but whenever I look around, ALL of the links are removed for download :O
I believe it was called "u1pawns."
Image Image