MH-Midevil

monstersbeware!

MH-Midevil

Post by monstersbeware! »

My third MH-map i hope ppl will download this one and upload it to the site.(seeing as i can't upload anything at all. :wtc: ) this map has NO GUNS as it takes place in a bloody era of the midevil times.
You will however have two weapons 1. A bastard Sword Melee for when you r pissed at 1 angry skaarj 2. A crossbow with 2 ammo types. Regular bolts and explosive bolts =)...
You start in a small camp that is down the road from the Dark tower where a visicous demon rains death upon the land summoning undead minions and other horrid creatures(skaarj will not have ranged weapons if you don't want them to up to you guys) you will have to band with others (if any players are online.) and travel up to the tower and enter the gate to hell to slay the demon.(A warlord what else could i use?) I hope to have it finished in as little as 3 weeks if not less. So good or no good?

(The camp will have targets to practice with lol dummies that u can chop heads off of. or shoot targets. :lol: )
One down a million left....:monstersbeware!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/sy2qhh.jpg[/img]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

No link to download it?
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

monstersbeware!

not yet

No it's a preview sorry im building as we speak

o w8 u mean for others maps? or this one? :hsdunno:

God i cannot figure out how to get ppl to start with no guns becuz i don't want ppl gunning the bosses with enforcers... that just kills the map.

Red_Fist

Re: not yet

Post by Red_Fist »

monstersbeware! wrote:No it's a preview sorry im building as we speak

o w8 u mean for others maps? or this one? :hsdunno:

God i cannot figure out how to get ppl to start with no guns becuz i don't want ppl gunning the bosses with enforcers... that just kills the map.
You need a new gametype or find some mutator, the best thing I could tell you is try the Chaos mod, but that still won't work because you need it to be a "MH" map.

that leaves you a mutator as the only possible option.Because you are trying to mess with the core engine classes that are all built into the gametype as defaults.
Unless you can program really good in unreal engine.

I think thee is somthing that can take away your weapon though, setup an area you need to walk through, close to the playerstarts, then take the weapon, and put you pickup right after.I think it can be done with stock classes in UT.

There is a MH map, several versions ,the one that takes away your redeemer if you head back to start area.The map has like areas you steer the redeemer through , lava or slime, on bottom, and hit a target.

It is similar to godz return maps, but better. the spawn area has all the weapons behind glass, another version they are lowered on movers down as they get opend, look there for a take your weapon.
You may need to edit and extract the guys class and change all the "redemer" lines to "enforcer" OR it might be a simple thing, check it out, don't know maps name but is been arouns, several versions as well.

just like godz but better
Hey man.

monstersbeware!

ive already set down the swords and cbows and am finishing the First Gate part( road leads to to the gate gun down the Archers and shoot the lever in one of the towers either 1) right now im working on a simple catapult :lol: already launched a tarydium barrel at a pit of pupae :lol: i nearly fell back in my chair watchin thhe show :wiggle: i could try and use unrealshare Vrikers game mode the monsters will still show up and leave u wit no weapons to start just like in unreal.

What i'm worried is it won't play as a MH game tho.. :hsdunno:

Added after 1 hours 51 minutes:

mh-supernovabeta has you start without any weapons also. But how?

Red_Fist

Post by Red_Fist »

"mh-supernovabeta has you start without any weapons also. But how?"

I can look, if i have the map, I should.

"What i'm worried is it won't play as a MH game tho.. "
won't work
Hey man.

monstersbeware!

Adrenaline RUSH!

I built i think my best so far creature factory setup. As soon as u run thru the opened gate in area 2 of my map there will be guards(krall) that come down hru 2 chutes and attk! i had a lot of fun jumping and dodgin whille hackin and slashin them with the sword :lol: i hope everyone thinks the same. :hsdunno: :bash: DIE!!!!

Red_Fist

Post by Red_Fist »

I just tried but you better test if it to see works online, but this definitly works.

And only works if you enter the zone from a playerstart.

Just have a zone with a zoneinfo, and check the "noinventory" to "true" in the zone properties.

I just tested it, and it wont remove the weapons once you have some, but always starts me out taking away my weapons.First you see them then you don't, you may even set "destructive" to true, that is for gibbs, but it might help, but is for gibbs, bodies, but it might do somthing for old weapons.
Because I was thinking you could quikly toss weapons, then die, then pick up enforcers again but keep it.
I will test that out, brb......

Aha, it don't work for pawns, but I tossed my enforcer then I see the chainsaw, but you can't get the gun because it forces you center view, then you see both disapear.
The only problem is coop, not sure if others leave guns,cuz they do stay.mabye not

Then in your next room, give the sword or bow.It had a slight delay to make weapon disapear, so set the playerstatrs away from the door , just a bit.

I used MH for default gamettype in the build.
Hey man.

X920MikeyB

Re: Adrenaline RUSH!

Post by X920MikeyB »

monstersbeware! wrote:I built i think my best so far creature factory setup. As soon as u run thru the opened gate in area 2 of my map there will be guards(krall) that come down hru 2 chutes and attk! i had a lot of fun jumping and dodgin whille hackin and slashin them with the sword :lol: i hope everyone thinks the same. :hsdunno: :bash: DIE!!!!
Sword? Omg where u get this? I really want some melle weps, crossbows, etc for my map... would add to the old style?
The one and only... X920MikeyB

monstersbeware!

ye u'll be able to add these weapons with Chaos UT .u file ill have all the required files on the map folder :lol: im barely halfway done and it's been 5 days now working hard at this thing. Im workin on the First tower it's pretty well detailed. Problem is im tryin to get the dark crystal at the top to shatter but ive set my exploding glass it won't move? so im gonna put a trigger next to them and that'll for sure move it. :cool: