MH-RoeDemo1

Shoe Cleaner

MH-RoeDemo1

Post by Shoe Cleaner »

Some time ago I got a map with name "MH-RoeDemo1" from anywhere, and I didn't get it to work because I was unable to get a missing package "REVeronSafety". Today I did a trick and renamed a random UMX file to "REVeronSafety.umx" and so I could play the map. The map itself seems ok despite that trick, and I could not manage to find out which object refers to "REVeronSafety" package.

At all the map is unfinished. You start in an outside area where a helicopter has crashed. You find a grave where a lil cat with name "Skittles" has been buried. You reach a hidden place through a secret gateway and there is a huge garden with a pool and a larger house. While examining the house you find a dead man called "Mayor". He left a letter and ask you to find his daughter who went in to the nearby town. When finding a sniper weapon in the 1st floor of the house a bunch of Zombies are attacking you then.

That's all. Does "Roe" mean "Resurrection of Evil"? And there isn't anything related to Monsterhunt in the map, nothing from the Monsterhunt.u package. Also there is no information in the LevelInfo, no author. But the map look cool so far. :cool:
Did anybody hear of that map and maybe if there exists a newer version or an official (download) web page?
Shoe Cleaner

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Sounds like Rise of Evil.

Download it here

Shoe Cleaner

Post by Shoe Cleaner »

<GF>-REX!! wrote:Sounds like Rise of Evil.
Yeah, partly it is that map, I mean the helicopter is the same and almost the whole house and the small hut. [Removed]
Last edited by manny86 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shoe Cleaner

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Probably not a good idea to use that fake file in the map, even though you are trying to show it up. I'd suggest you open the map with UnrealEd and change the file name to something different (can still be a "fake" file, just don't let it be the same name) because I can almost guarantee that the fake will will get distributed on a public server somewhere and we'll end up with more version mismatches.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Alucard

Post by Alucard »

I made that map, and it bothers me that it's being distributed as it is a very early work in progress.. If you want the file I can mail it to you.
[img]http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6645/seralsigep4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/263/3/e/Derideal_Fanstamp_by_Flammenwolf.jpg[/img]
Alucard supports [url=http://www.derideal.com]derideal[/url]

Shoe Cleaner

Post by Shoe Cleaner »

Ok I removed the link. I got the early map in October last year from any MH server, so it found place on my harddisk on a legal way ;) and it's the first map which forces the player to grab everything but it's in progress, so I can't wait when it is finished.
Shoe Cleaner