Dead city2

File removal from redirects.
Problem or bug on the site.
Corrupted downloads.
gopostal
BANNED

Dead city2

Post by gopostal »

OK, lets discuss dead city. You all know the zombies are love em/hate em. What some people may not know is that they are configurable. You can load an ini into the server that will adjust the zombies abilities. Here is the one I cobbled up to use when I ran my server:

Code: Select all

[DC-Pawns2.ZombieSpawner]
MaxZombiesAtOnce=20
NumSpawnsBeforeEnd=150
NextLevelURL=Vortex2
SpawnDeality=1

[DC-Pawns2.TimeMaster]
HourLenght=10

[DC-Pawns2.Zombie]
bCanDoLungeAttack=True
bGotGreenBlood=False
bHardCoreEnemy=False
BiteDamage=45
LungeDamage=80
LungeRange=800
MaxSpawnedZombies=50
OtherEnemysSeeingDis=1000
ZombieAccelRate=950
ZombieHealth=5
ZombieJumpZ=200
ZombieRunSpeed=500
ZombieSwimSpeed=1000

[DC-Pawns2.LeglessZombie]
bCanDoLungeAttack=True
bGotGreenBlood=False
bHardCoreEnemy=True
BiteDamage=30
LungeDamage=50
LungeRange=500
MaxSpawnedZombies=50
OtherEnemysSeeingDis=1000
ZombieAccelRate=400
ZombieHealth=5
ZombieJumpZ=200
ZombieRunSpeed=750
ZombieSwimSpeed=500
As you can see, it's a simple matter of changing settings then uploading to the server. I tweaked the settings a lot with a test map so I know what they will do (This listing is the stock settings).

Now, to make deadcity more appealing, is anyone interested in (mildly) tweaking the zombies or day length to make it more playable or is it fine the way it is? What do you dislike about the map and can it be addressed through here?
[b]BANNED FOR LIFE[/b]

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

I think if you make the zombies less of a threat, then you should add numbers to them. Other wise they'll be too easy to mow down.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

I played with the settings a lot on my home install and simply easing the jump distance made them a lot better. They are as deadly but that ridiculous three story jump is controlled.

The ini controls the number too like you are saying. I thought it would be cool to remake the map as a zombie hunt. Fix the door to the spawnpoint so the zombies cant open it (spawnraping), add some weapons peppered through the buildings and make it a hunt to the last zombie. They can haul ass so it would be a fight. If you lock the upper spawn building door, there's no place to hide and snipe so it would be fair (and tough).
[b]BANNED FOR LIFE[/b]

Luke

Post by Luke »

I :3 DeadCity2, its the reason i got into MH..

Make the zombies more like real zombies, slow, very low jump, damages loads, and is in great numbers.. Say 120 :D

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

I knew this was gonna come from someone :naughty: ...

The problem with "hordes" of mosters is that it messes up the unreal engine. I suppose Blizz and I could make a new zombie with a very short view distance that could be loaded in great numbers, but as they sit you'd get server crashes pretty quick.

If Blizz will allow it, I might take a stab at a couple of test versions of Dead city and see what you guys think. Maybe make a zombie hunt type of map and a zombie horde/waves of them type of map and see if they are received well.

Anyone else want to hop on board and work on them too? I'll script the zombies up if you can help me ed the map. Im pretty weak in MH map editing compared to you guys.
[b]BANNED FOR LIFE[/b]

--=BliZz=--

Post by --=BliZz=-- »

i will help you with making a new zombie if you want and you can make some test versions of deadcity its a old map with old zombies so now you can bring some live in it with making some new zombies and change the gameplay to a more hunting map if you want what ever you wanne do with it i gonne help you ;)
www.blizz.planetmonsterhunt.com for my maps and other stuff
http://www.1000mphstudios.co.cc/forum UT Development Team
[img]http://www2.razerzone.com/tag-generator/label_images/1217000321_1718011156.jpg[/img]

Luke

Post by Luke »

Hmm.. Well, just making the zombies slower (Numbers stay the same) and more realistic would really make me happy :D

gopostal
BANNED

Post by gopostal »

Maybe some hidden areas would be great. The map needs some sort of "something". I mean you climb all those stairs to the tops of buildings for no real reason. There should be something to find or do with all that effort.

Blizz I'll get with you tomorrow with a few ideas on the zombies. I'm gonna take a real close look at the server tonight and see what's erroring when it crashes. I'd like to subclass the zombies into (maybe) "fast" and "slow" and give them attributes that are along those lines.

How about we make this a community map? Let's give everyone a place: "Hellrazor's Bar" for instance, stuff like that.
[b]BANNED FOR LIFE[/b]

Luke

Post by Luke »

Awesome idea D:

St. Luke's Hospital, lol :D

{MK4}HELL§N|PE®

Post by {MK4}HELL§N|PE® »

Hellsnipers Palace?
L O L
Hell is unleashed.