Says I need 5 posts to download.

File removal from redirects.
Problem or bug on the site.
Corrupted downloads.
Post Reply
Section 8
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by Section 8 »

But I got moar than that?

Help?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by Skillz »

Section 8 wrote:But I got moar than that?

Help?
It's because the forums are smarter than you and know that you are just spamming useless shit on the forums.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

SFJake
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:39 am

Re: Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by SFJake »

Thats nice. Exactly what do you expect? Since when is posting intelligent posts in a slow forum required as payment to download something?

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by Skillz »

If you don't like it, get the files somewhere else.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

User avatar
waffles
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:17 am
Location: Norway, Pakistan, U.K

Really Hard

Post by waffles »

Skillz wrote:If you don't like it, get the files somewhere else.
PMH has its own mappers and that makes it unique =D
Image Image

SuperDXFan619
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by SuperDXFan619 »

It's because the forums are smarter than you and know that you are just spamming useless shit on the forums.

If you don't like it, get the files somewhere else.
Nice way to act like a douche, when all we're trying to do is help the Monster Hunt community by downloading the maps. Not to mention this site is already struggling, and downloading would help the flow of people on here. Seriously, you'd have to be a real ass to say the stuff you say.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by Skillz »

SuperDXFan619 wrote:
It's because the forums are smarter than you and know that you are just spamming useless shit on the forums.

If you don't like it, get the files somewhere else.
Nice way to act like a douche, when all we're trying to do is help the Monster Hunt community by downloading the maps. Not to mention this site is already struggling, and downloading would help the flow of people on here. Seriously, you'd have to be a real ass to say the stuff you say.

Seriously, I pay for this site out of my own pocket. Like I give a rats ass about the people who come here with the sole reason just to download things. Had I not implemented the post count feature, no one would post. Ask me how I know? Me asking for a merely 5, beneficial posts before you're allowed to download the maps packs is nothing compared to the costs that I have to pay to keep the site running. If you don't like it, then get the maps else where.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

User avatar
waffles
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:17 am
Location: Norway, Pakistan, U.K

:O

Post by waffles »

Skillz wrote:
SuperDXFan619 wrote:
It's because the forums are smarter than you and know that you are just spamming useless shit on the forums.

If you don't like it, get the files somewhere else.
Nice way to act like a douche, when all we're trying to do is help the Monster Hunt community by downloading the maps. Not to mention this site is already struggling, and downloading would help the flow of people on here. Seriously, you'd have to be a real ass to say the stuff you say.

Seriously, I pay for this site out of my own pocket. Like I give a rats ass about the people who come here with the sole reason just to download things. Had I not implemented the post count feature, no one would post. Ask me how I know? Me asking for a merely 5, beneficial posts before you're allowed to download the maps packs is nothing compared to the costs that I have to pay to keep the site running. If you don't like it, then get the maps else where.
An awesome comeback skills.
Image Image

User avatar
Feralidragon
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Says I need 5 posts to download.

Post by Feralidragon »

We had somewhat the same rule over at ut99.org a long time ago (2 posts only though), really to avoid the problem of bandwidth and traffic (which Shade had it very limited back then).

Post Reply