Map Clean Up

File removal from redirects.
Problem or bug on the site.
Corrupted downloads.
X920MikeyB

Map Clean Up

Post by X920MikeyB »

We need some map clean up. There's alot of USELESS and lame maps. Some are just annoyingly terrible. Others have no monsters, are buggy/glitchy lack weapons, and most levels lack ammo.

Its just alot of hastle voting a level in to find its completely useless and not all the players on there even know how to vote or even respond if the level needs changing theyll just sit there playing it even if it is pointless.

Maybe have some sort of ranking thing where we can vote on maps on here? And the ones with so many bad votes gets deleted?

Maybe it would be an idea if possible to test maps too before uploading them 2 ur server.

Just some ideas =]

Thanks
The one and only... X920MikeyB

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

I really wish I did have the time to test every single map, but sadly I do not. Someone else is more than welcome to do this, then let me know your results and I'll make the changes on the server.

I've thought about running another server that's more or less "The Best Of" Monster Hunt with only all the polished maps running in the maps rotation.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

X920MikeyB

Post by X920MikeyB »

Skillz wrote:I really wish I did have the time to test every single map, but sadly I do not. Someone else is more than welcome to do this, then let me know your results and I'll make the changes on the server.

I've thought about running another server that's more or less "The Best Of" Monster Hunt with only all the polished maps running in the maps rotation.
The second server might be an idea, the best of... But still make it votable on the server.

Experienced alot of lagg the other day with the current server, normally sometimes laggy but never that bad. Kept getting the disconnect thing every few minutes. Also the server has a habit of crashing alot lately.

I think I'm gonna start making a list and ranking the maps. Then ill make a thread where others can post. Any Terrible, unplayable or completely messed up ones u can go through and delete if u want.

I understand about the time thing. Ill do my best to make the list as I play on the server :]

Im working on mapping myself aswell atm so only playing here and there.

Red_Fist

Post by Red_Fist »

Not sure, but eliminating the duplicates, just have the "fix"or the version "3".

Mainly to chop down the map vote list a little bit, got like 3 andromedas or 4, I still as of yet don't know which version is the most correct one. (I been meaning to ask him some day)
Ones that have a "fix" on them, I always wonder what happens to the one thats not fixxed.

I do like the old really bad funky maps as it keeps MH in it's classic old funky mapness, and are rediculous to play, but is still pretty fun, even if you are cussing out the lighting through the whole thing, lol.
Hey man.

X920MikeyB

Post by X920MikeyB »

Red_Fist wrote:Not sure, but eliminating the duplicates, just have the "fix"or the version "3".

Mainly to chop down the map vote list a little bit, got like 3 andromedas or 4, I still as of yet don't know which version is the most correct one. (I been meaning to ask him some day)
Ones that have a "fix" on them, I always wonder what happens to the one thats not fixxed.

I do like the old really bad funky maps as it keeps MH in it's classic old funky mapness, and are rediculous to play, but is still pretty fun, even if you are cussing out the lighting through the whole thing, lol.
the bad messed up maps aint fun though, theyre more of an annoyance. Dont see the fun in them, supressed the days of spawning, being blown up, spawn, and such... with funnel maps -.- whole idea behind monster hunt is a single type gameplay playable with other players... Although not many know the idea of "Team play"... its more of a free for all.

Meh =] sometimes u get the odd decent team player on and manage to find a good map to play.

monstersbeware!

Post by monstersbeware! »

ialready can name a bad map off my head... boom boom bridge. u spawn and get attacked by rock tentacles with rockets and all u get is an enforcer... ill test more maps out
One down a million left....:monstersbeware!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/sy2qhh.jpg[/img]

X920MikeyB

Post by X920MikeyB »

monstersbeware! wrote:ialready can name a bad map off my head... boom boom bridge. u spawn and get attacked by rock tentacles with rockets and all u get is an enforcer... ill test more maps out
Hmmh this map was hard lacked a little ammo but I kinda liked it with a few people. U got a few weps 2 start but no ammo.

And the only way 2 really complete it was 2 keep guiding nukes in one after the other which there was only 3 on top of the bridge supports.

Started making the "shit list" will make a new thread soon for people to post a map name and reasons why it should be deleted. Or maybe a new or improved version made if theres only a few minor issues.

A few maps that should be deleted straight away are:-

MH-CanyonSE
DarkestHour

Ill post these and others in the new thread soon when i get more of a map list. Along with an explanation and reasons to why.

Blacklightning

Post by Blacklightning »

monstersbeware! wrote:ialready can name a bad map off my head... boom boom bridge. u spawn and get attacked by rock tentacles with rockets and all u get is an enforcer... ill test more maps out
I personally liked boom boom bridge.. The only problem is i only liked it with some nali weapons, makes it so much easier.. havent tried it with norm weps.

Gunner

Re: Map Clean Up

Post by Gunner »

Try playing the maps with little to no ammo MONSTER HUNT PLUS (mhp)
It works and your ammo refills when not in use perfect for assault the arenas where ammo is scarce only in the beginning :asshole: :asshole: :asshole: