Bots

General Monster Hunt talk
Anthony

Re: Bots

Post by Anthony »

holy... how old was I when I posted those? woah, pretty cool looking back on this!
Yo this is ant and ut99 ROCKS

Hook

Post by Hook »

Yeah, I do that sometimes, looking back at my old posts.
I usually say - "Wow, I really knew what I was talking about back then - I was actually on the ball back then" LOL :lol:
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

The same feelings.... But... something new ?

Question: Did anybody worked at MH. A.I. control (except me of course) ?
I'm interested in any new formula.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

Now that's a necro bump.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Hook

Post by Hook »

Well, if it is Still relevant and somebody has something to say about it, or a question about it - then it is fine I say!
I do not see a problem with it at all. (Why would there be?) :meh:
On my forums it is perfectly fine! :2thumbs:
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Happily bumping this dead chapter.

Assuming not all MH mapper is Out of Target at MonsterHunt's Bot Support, I think it's time to do something about this subject creating a tool for Helping mapper in debugging Bot Pathing. More exactly we can find if map will work with Bot 90% even without to load Bot in maps with stupid Geometry and if map is simple (straight planes the mostly), we have chances to find if goal can be "seen" by A.I. also without using any Bot even 100%. It this possible ? YES read again 3 times and then again and if you still don't believe. I have a toy called MHBotyMan3 (yes it's V3 right now).
Due to some 0 files that can be attached, I cannot upload an image in how looks this stuff and neither the mod/mutator - go visit Hook's forum and see stuff for MH5.04, of course it do works even for older MonsterHunt versions.

So if Bots doesn't work, feel free to check your "PATHS" and/or how you were setting up MonsterWayPoints if you know what are those for (ignorants won't read Shrimp's docs not even in 100 years). The rest of stuff causing misunderstanding of a "Reachable" goal proves 0 skill in doing paths - not only Bot pathing. Cya!