Best of Monster Hunt

General Monster Hunt talk
Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Best of Monster Hunt

Post by Skillz »

So it has been a LONG while since I last played some good ole MH, but I have been playing a little here and there the past ~week or so. Ran into some DAMN good maps along the way as well, something that was very uncommon around these parts just a year or two ago.

So I want to compile a list of all the best Monster Hunt maps available.

I want to start building some UMOD map packs/zip map packs with these maps.

So guys, start listing the best Monster Hunt maps you know of, screen shots are welcome, descriptions, whatever is all encouraged with your list as well.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

So far my list is...

In no particular order.

MH-Ar'Den Valley
MH-Andromeda Ancient
MH-E'dar'a PassageV2
MH-Ages
MH-LandOfNapali

Next I am going to play those maps 5 - 6 times, get some good reviews for it so I can write a short paragraph describing the map.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

chrisdaco2

Post by chrisdaco2 »

nice.

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

What do you mean by best? Best-looking or funnest? Some maps look amazing, but fail when it comes to gameplay. For me, gameplay is number one.

Some of the maps that I consider to be the best:

MH-CregorV2
MH-GlassCoop (Fun with the right crowd.)
MH-HellFireV2
MH-jikyu-800en
MH-Kittara
MH-Krogaar
MH-MayanFuryV2
MH-MiningOutPost4F
MH-PoL1-Frigid (Jinpachi's best)
MH-RuinsofHarobed
MH-Ruins-Bridge-V122
MH-Sunken
MH-TGES6
MH-TheDenOfWarLord
MH-VAKA3 (The only VAKA worth playing)
MH-Winter

patomax

Post by patomax »

some of my favorites

MH-OrticanMH

MH-Planeshifter

MH-ShakrahV2

MH-SkyTownAK3

<GF>-REX!!

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Good maps indeed, but a lot of those are just ports.

Ortican was SP.
PlaneShifter was ported from Assault.
SkyTown was ripped from Unreal.

Not a problem, but I just want to mention that they were not made specifically for MH.

Flatus

Post by Flatus »

Well this is about all MH maps out there, ported or not. Some actually fit right into MH play, that is why some AS maps that I know & have can make the transition. I'm sure even a few made-for MH maps could even become AS maps too!

Btw, some maps could also be improved on, be it for gameplay &/or looks.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/flatus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/flatus.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/Flatus/Flatus_CanadianBanner.png[/img]
[url=http://www.gametracker.com/flatus/][img]http://www.gametracker.com/profile/flatus/b_460x42_C000000-222222-333333-CCCCCC-FFCC00-FFCC00.png[/img][/url]

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

Believe it or not, most of the best looking MH maps are just ported maps from other mods or Unreal maps itself.

Also, I would like to mention that the default MH maps, Derdak2rot maps, Jynpachi's maps, Hourences' maps, Rex's maps, and a few others, were specifically made for MH and have good quality compared to many other maps for this gametype. Of course, with that being said, they all had their good player-addiction-time mostly when they were release because of their uniqueness. It is not that I would discard the ports but since they were already made and were able to fit the MH description, I don't give those ports that much credit since there was less effort involved where most of them were ported by other people then the original mapper.

Flatulent

Post by Flatulent »

Thanks, I will give them a try.

Cyberia-Mix

Post by Cyberia-Mix »

You might want to make a separate list for regular MH and UTJMH-like maps, as maps fitting one game style are often not advisable for the other and vice versa.

MH-Canyon from Shrimp is an awesome map when playing regular/classic MH but lacks action for UTJMH gameplay. MH-HellfireV3 and its alternate version MH-HellfireV3-UTJMH don't play the same way at all as each fits its own play style, etc.

Personal UTJMH-like favorites (as I'm mostly an UTJMH player):
- TGES2p5(MABOROSHI)
- LongCorridor2006 - (2006 only)
- HellfireV3-UTJMH
- ShootingGuys(Obnoxious) - (no super weapons)
- Ruins-Stairs-V107
- AnnihilationV240
- Canals][
- (dU)-Dormant
- TGES06REDUX
- TGES[1-2]{Cygma-N}REINTERPRETATION
- HellGauntletV2

KrogaarSE, LostInTimeV2, Liandri Invasion/Conflict, LandsOfNapali, OperationSaveSanta, Arden, Templar, CregorV2, BaseRiot-Fix or SkyTownAK3 are borderline classic MH / UTJMH so they're a bit light with UTJMH gameplay but still compatible with both.

Kittara, Miam, ShakrahV2, Forbidden, CloseEncounter][ are best played classic MH only.