MH-SkaarjTower - Official Conversion

General Monster Hunt talk
<GF>-REX!!

MH-SkaarjTower - Official Conversion

Post by <GF>-REX!! »

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Drew, the original creator of SkaarjTower, converted his Unreal SP map to Monster Hunt.

I know that SkaarjTower was already brought to MH, (very sloppily by Mr X,) so I'm asking any server admins to get rid of that crappy port and use Drew's version instead.

Information and download: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=193877

(I'd upload the map here, but the uploader isn't working for me.)

Nelsona

Re: MH-SkaarjTower - Official Conversion

Post by Nelsona »

Thx, man, I noted that. I wanna check if map is OK.

waffles

w000t =D

Post by waffles »

I have no idea what's SP, but this defintely looks epic =D
Click here for direct download=D

Edit- Updated the code =D
Last edited by M on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Seems to be a nice map. I checked it. Is a big one.

Question: Why is heavy loaded with pathnodes and bot support not working ? Also not working for cover order (very heavy to make them cover you, I expected this to be good).
Network A.I. paths is wrong defined and bots are confused.
Txt file described that you need a strong computer for playing in local game, what for ? Bot support not working.
I think pathnodes are there for relics and also for monsters to make them hunt you easier.
Last edited by Rob_Master Builder on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

trateloka

Post by trateloka »

nice map

WelshBoy74

Post by WelshBoy74 »

Have to try this one i think. :) Though MH-SkaarjHQ is a good map, u tried that one?

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

This version is worse than the one Mr X converted and is really no better. All I see is the UT inventory instead of the unreal one and a bunch of SkaarjSnipers spawn killing you since the awful lag prevents you from turning or aiming. I would stick with the older version instead of this fps killer one. Besides, you can easily replace all of the Unreal inventory with UT's using a mutator anyway.

btw, I read about Hermskii saying that this drew guy named the map exactly the same as the older version which is yet another mismatching map file on servers :/

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Is some true about snipers. For me is no more problem with F5.
I couldn't play against snipers at 800×600×32 bits and problem resolved with 640×480×16 bits resolution OPENGL. I finished map with another guy, but if is a name of an already existing map, this is bad. That means a wick knowledge about basic operating in UT99. My decision is to let map in server for some 2 months and then HOLD SHIFT & PRESS DELETE. I will not buy another video-card or a strong computer for such a crap.

After this removing operation, I will remod a little CTF map for MH, is better a replacement. I also did this kind of work a few times.

WelshBoy74

Post by WelshBoy74 »

Went on it the other day, very good map. :bigthumb:

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Usually some people say awsome but their retarded mind will never understand what is mind a mismatch. Mismatching something will result in imposibility to contact a server, losers. That man converted that map and you are trapped by his design but I think is only a person with target to ruin this game, end of story. His I.Q. is lower than a bug, he think that was a great job but is not true. War_Master had right about it. An unusefull load in map result in lags display, not each UT player can play this map, admins like you will own forever an empty server 99% of time. Are finished with your craps ? Mr. X If enter in my server will be banned for life. Are you satisfied ? AWSOME MAP = my opinion = garbage for recycle bin. Official shit conversion my ass.
Beside this, Hermskii as I heared about him is not a retard, he know what he talking about.