monster hunt mutator and monster hunt version

General Monster Hunt talk
Nelsona

Re: monster hunt mutator and monster hunt version

Post by Nelsona »

Can you play without see monsters killind each others from mistake fire ? Did you still see SkaarjSnipers and other of this class at F5 ? I guess yes.
MH-Lost Souls ? How is ending when you kill or you lose your Merc friends. I bet you will see: You have Won. Crap shit. Incorrect. If you lose your Mercs finish must be: Hunt was a catastofe !
Tested Mr Titan v2 fix ? Titan is taunting or is muted ?
For me was enough to see this. I don't want to see Some AndromedaAncients with those secret jump bots (usually infinite jumps), how was fixed.
SkaarjBerserkers still kissing each other ? Or some retarded dance face to face like a runner waiting for start ? This crap code was implemented even by DU-s in their server and some MHC if I remember exactly, for me was anoying to see Berserkers (agressiveness 0.8) still grouping together face to face attempting to hack each others. How about if a cannon or miniguncannon kill some monsters (some maps had cannons) ? If a monster hit by mistake a cannon, cannon will hunt it, after some cannon kills, say bye to game or to server. Will totally freeze without can see in log wtf happened.
A question: Why is talking about a relaxed server (with no internal spam) ? Test Server's band was 20000 (maximum band possible). If server is so relaxed why is using maximum band possible ?

PS: I showed this crap to Gopostals in his own test server.
Reply: Will remove cannons. Why ? Is simply, set cannon damage to monsters 0, problem resolved without any remove. Also monster to monster damage can be an option to be 0 for avoid to see a Titan on a killing spree.

Oops, I almost forgot. Some maps with bot support are ruined because of queen destination fix, is ruining AI paths, bots will become unusefull. This queen looping why was fixed ? Because of some cowards which sniping monsters from a long range, they don't fight like a man dying with monsters at once. Of course in some maps will meet a little display break. This lag display is very nasty in MonsterHunt2v1 and a little fixed in MonsterHunt2v3 but not removed completely.
In a version MH-BoomBoomBridge a mercenary created me big problems. He had -16 hp and still alive, LOL. Once activated invulnerable shield he become god. Already dead and still moving like a zombie, hunted me all game until I was piss off and I executed an ADMIN KILLALL MERCENARY and problem resolved, (of course is an usual MH bug forgot to be fixed and also undocumented) but I meet the same shit again in other map. If I think more with some 60% brain power I will remember all craps and I will be depressed, will go to drink and will fall down in my bed.

Other problems I don't wanna know. I repeat I don't want to see more. I already made my own mutator.

And as a final point, not very big difference in version MonsterHunt2v4, I also have so called latest MonsterHunt2vX. More maps worked very fine but not all maps, so I replaced it with UTJMH403UU, and then I made my own mutator because UTJMH403UU is very big, has a lot of functions unusefull for me but was a good source for my own mutator. I decided that I want to play any MH map without be frustraded by anoying fixes.

Good luck ! I will help all persons which want to make a MH server with all files needed from me, and all my knowledge about problems.

medor
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by medor »

:eek: Which big list
Good luck ! I will help all persons which want to make a MH server with all files needed from me, and all my knowledge about problems.
Can send me all that for try ?

And if you are ok i can add it here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... nsterHunt/

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

I called my mutator UTJMH3 (stuffed by Nelsona). I can put a temporary link for it after I prepare some arhives. What about mutator ? Stuff added:
- no more Grab cheating movers (even bots know this cheat they were schooled by Epic to do that crap);
- MonsterEnd is visible for avoid wasting time digging each corner for it in some strange maps;
- Monsters make some moves if they are instigated but not fighting;
- SkaarjTrooper any class cannot ruin F5 cycling view, if that class spawning later in a map they will be removed from F5 in max 2-3 seconds here I wanted that function to make only some noise but not spam (you want to check where are your teammates and when you press tens times F5 to skip viewing of skaarj your game will be crap);
- Also unarmed class Skaarj now carring Minigun2 (Gopostals ideea, nice point), I didn't wanted to give them sniper rifle because they are very skilled in headshot. I tested monster aiming in a demo recorded without me in a map and I can tell you that I never saw a better aiming to any bot except Loque;
- A function is removing mesage spam about CTF Timer Accesed None because of stupidity to let Flags in a MH map, flag will be destroyed.

Function to stopping monsters fighting is a bit delayed also for avoid anoying spam when they are sleeping. My server working at a player slot 9000-10000 and is a playable game. Soon, I will remod some CTF Maps. each new map will replace spamming (_@_) maps. Their own server cannot handle such craps, even using a NASA computer. Once garbage deleted will never being put back.

I also put a code for removing damage of cannons to monsters (server Halt), I didn't tested it so much, server remains alive.

If you need UTJMH403UU I can inform you that I recreated INI and INT files using a package explorer program. I'm not sure if I did the right thing, but mutator worked, some functions I didn't understood. Also can be a problem in HUD when launching redeemer. Server not crashing but clients can crash.

That mutator was a good point for some codes used by me combined with MonsterHunt2V3.

I preferred to modify UTJMH2.9 because is smaller and not needed a lot of aditional files.

The ugly thing for me is that I have a stable connection to Internet but lower speed. Uplink is constant but slow. Anyway if I start a link you can take any file you want. I'm interested if is something wrong in a code or any good recommendation.

Download link will be here: http://sektornelsona.no-ip.org:9191/Uploads/

Link is not permanent. Is not a big list of files. Your request will be posted. There are only some important files, mutators. Other files will be there compressed UZ or uncompressed depending on your request. If you have corrupted files or incorrect files and I have them in good state I can put them to be downloaded by anyone.

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

UTJMH3 already exists and you shouldnt call it as a UTJMH version because that is only modified by members of the UTJ community with their permission.

Another thing, Zeal didnt know much about coding. His real life friend Boom_Boy was the one that coded UTJMH for him and all it had was code from other mods repacked into a single file to be used on a single mutator like the regen system from the ExcessiveOverkill mod which is a bit buggy anyway.

medor
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by medor »

THX for the files i try that offline and upload on my utfiles

So testing on server

503+UTJMH3 but we must rename it ?

or

503+UTJMH403UU ?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Warning, UTJMH403UU required the same INI file as UTJMH2.9 I mean UTJMH.INI.
My so called UTJMH3 is using UTJMH3.INI and is not important to backup your UTJMH.INI, but if you want to test UTJMH403UU unofficial release I advice to backup your UTJMH.INI and put new file for mutator to be in good working conditions. I don't know the reason for the same INI (only Zeal knows). I assume that you cannot use in server or in local game both versions 2.9 and 403UU. UTJMH has his own file for avoid conflicting with others. I added some functions and also was and option to use other file name UTJMH3.INI.

I repeat, can be a problem in rendering or something wrong in HUD because is possible to have errors at launching redeemer. That redeemer is a brother of 2k4Redeemer but much stronger, for persons which don't know that Redeemer 2k4 has some problems (actually UT99 is UT99, is hard to make it have UT2004's behavior and functions). For remember, I'm not so skilled in coding, I just understood how it works, but I have problems in fixing because I don't know how is working engine, only an army of skilled coders can fix all problems.

ServerPackages=MonsterHunt //503 of course
ServerPackages=UTJMH3

Launch test local

Pick mutator from mutator list at letter U (scroll down if you have more mutators)

Renaming is not an option because of INT. You must modify INT if you want to use another name, but I don't think will works. Let original name UTJMH3 as it is.

some code example from mutator: //fix in other manner if you think is wrong

var config int DefaultHealth;
var config bool bUseAntiBoost;
var config bool bCheckMonsterAttack;
var float LastMonsterAttackTime;
var float LastMonsterTweakTime;
simulated function Tick (float DT)
{
Super.Tick(DT);
if ( Level.Game.bGameEnded ) return;
if ((bCheckMonsterAttack) && ((LastMonsterAttackTime + 0.1) < Level.TimeSeconds)) // At value 0.5 will see some attempts to fight Monster vs Monster
MonsterAttackCheck();
if ((LastMonsterTweakTime + 2) < Level.TimeSeconds) //Here value 2 is a good option, F5 and skaarj fixing is happening enough fast.
MonsterAITweak();
}
function MonsterAttackCheck()
{
local ScriptedPawn S;

foreach AllActors(class'ScriptedPawn', S)
{
//refix for stopping monster vs monster attack - is a crap spam in server
if (S.Enemy != None && S.Enemy.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
{
S.Hated = None; //No hate pawns
S.Enemy = None; //No enemy pawns
S.bHunting = False; //No hunting pawns
if (S.OldEnemy!=None && S.OldEnemy.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
S.OldEnemy = None; //No old enemy
S.GotoState('Waiting',''); //You waiting for enemy
}
}
LastMonsterAttackTime = Level.TimeSeconds;
}

function MonsterAITweak()
{
local Pawn P;
local SkaarjTrooper SKT;

for ( P=Level.PawnList; P!=None; P=P.NextPawn )
{
SKT = SkaarjTrooper(P);

if (P.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
{ // Special Bonus!?
if (!ScriptedPawn(P).bIsBoss && ScriptedPawn(P).Health >= 4000)
{
ScriptedPawn(P).bIsBoss = True;
}

}
if (SKT != None)
{
if (SKT.weapontype != None)
//Looking for shity SkaarjTrooper class if unarmed, invincible...
GiveWeapon(SKT,Class'botpack.minigun2');
//now he has a weapon, end of story.
if (SKT.weapon != None)
SKT.weapon.bCanThrow = False;
//If is armed he cannot throw weapon, LOL...
SKT.bIsPlayer = False;
//the jackass is no more player... bye to F5 shit view, is anyway ugly...
}
}

LastMonsterTweakTime = Level.TimeSeconds;
}

Those codes are in UTJMH3, if you need some modifications uncompile scripts and edit UTJMHBase.uc file. Red colored values can be an option to be modified but no high values, I suggest max. 2 because functions will works to slow. Lower values will take addtional CPU consummed for nothing.
Last edited by Rob_Master Builder on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Thank you War_Master for informations. I randomly picked the name of mutator because I didn't found any release, digging Internet for some improvements. I saw a good code in 2.9 and I completed it. If the name can create problems I can change it or anyone can change it also fixing INI, I just want to know if is something wrong in F5 fix and Monster vs Monster atack code.
Also I'm not worried about my refixed code if is used or not by any person. I consider that each person is doing what he want with files founded in cache. MHC seems to be also a modified copy of UTJMH with some stuff. Was an option for me, but later I saw a ruined bot support and as you know, I like to play with Father Drimacus and Mother Kira against monsters :).
By the way, BPSE - I'm afraid of that package and also RocketUT.
Some of those weapons craps destroying triggers, bots. I saw a stucked bot shooted by HyperClusterFlak, a mover stucked, also NapalmRocketLaucher is burning all some doors will remaining stucked, only ForceMover can unlock them.

RESPECT !