MH-CondoVX

General Monster Hunt talk
Nelsona

Re: MH-CondoVX

Post by Nelsona »

Corrupted files I think, check the log, when a map crash I check server's console for determinig cause of crash. Next step check packages involved in map and compare if exists other versions. Exemple: I know 3 versions of Spinner.u, maybe 1 good 2 damaged or buggy. I will check this MAP anyway.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

RE RE - Opps, tested, really crash. Assumed reasons:
1) Drunk mapper - how many actors in a map of 11 MB ?
2) Server cannot handle so many actors. FIX version (wtf was fixed, a better crash maybe)
3) A PC had only 640 kb base memory which must handle other x memory, I don't think a faster computer resolve the problem, garbage removed. A lot of weapons + a lot of monsters + brushes = too many information for be handled by server in normal tick-rate.

Tick all actors, tick engine, bla bla, no texture or other guilty for that just a usual PC with tons of monsters in a game from 1999.

WelshBoy74

Post by WelshBoy74 »

I have heard a lot about his map have to get on it and check it out. :)

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Well i if you understand what Nelsona meant i would not even waste the time to it ,Its to messed up.

WelshBoy74

Post by WelshBoy74 »

Just read it now, give that one a miss then. Cheers mate.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

And another information. If I want to be a bad person to make more headaches to admins, what shall I do ?
I will contact a Camper DM server with huge maps. Next move, I take a big map from cache, put in editor, fill map with 2000 monsters in one place (you will never see all monsters because of bandwidth in Internet play), also some teleports to be trapped, a MonsterEnd strange placed, Save map, upload to a source and voila, My Shit is a forum Subject now. Whooaa !!!

WelshBoy74

Post by WelshBoy74 »

Lol :D

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

This works actually ,If you dont mess it up like this guy did,Coz with this map my log looked like a rash of errors,We did it with Dm-Dogtown and it works fine,Half the job is done if you use a Dm-map :D
Last edited by Sunai on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

WelshBoy74

Post by WelshBoy74 »

Lol :D

Hitman

Post by Hitman »

I now tried a little mapping myself so i also started by using an old sniper-map
But this dont crash so give it a try ;)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQZSRWN0