WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip

If you've uploaded files to the FTP, then post in here so the staff will know what to do with them.
Hook

Re: WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip

Post by Hook »

War_Master - How true! :boink:
99% of the time I manually get the files I need from my cache and very rarely use any cache cleaners.
Is it OK if I post your anti-mis-match instructions you posted above at my forums to share with others?
(with credit to you and a link to here of course)
= Hook = Member# 5
SITE / FORUMS: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 PRO-Redeemer Server - CROSSBONES MISSILE MADNESS {CMM}
PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Yea, some tricks need to be posted, good to know something different each time.

As a solo player indeed you will want to have all files. I never looked to solve mismatching issues in a different way, I just used other version of UT meant only for local play, never ON-LINE. Exactly in that version I implemented Editor2.1 to do checks if a map can cause certain troubles. Here we can talk about some HDD space but think in nowadays this won't be a problem, as I saw in many logs, many players are using new computers and big HDDs. I think I'm one of those few peoples which keep using a dinosaur computer until will be seriously damaged, at least for HDD space I just pay attention at stuff installed to not eat HDD for useless trashes.

Hermskii

Post by Hermskii »

Great post there War Master. I never knew that.
Hermskii

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

War_Master wrote:You can have 2 or more files with the same file names in your cache.ini so that you won't get a mismatch from those files anymore, but there is a trick to installing them properly. First, you need to have your folders cleared of that file so you're forced to download the file from the server. Then, you need to remove that .uxx file from your cache folder (I don't think you need to remove it from the cache.ini list tho). And then, you will need to download the other version from another server so it goes into your cache folder and get written into the cache.ini list. Once you've done that, all you need to do is install the other version .uxx file into the cache folder again, and the Engine will search for the code of the uxx file first instead of the actual file name which prevents the mismatch.

I know this does work because I've tested it several times since years ago. But, one of my biggest problems is that I have all MH maps/mods installed and I need the actual file installed in their corresponding folder so that I can play them ofline/singleplayer.

You don't need no useless-crappy programs like cachecleaner to do something like this like so many ignorant people claim to do. All you need is to follow up the right steps and use common sense to figure out something as simple as this.
What happens if you don't move that file out of the Cache? Then you join a server that has the mismatched file that is already in your Cache directory. Will you get a mismatch? You'll have to move that file OUT of the Cache directory, then download the file, then add it back; correct?

Therefore, it doesn't exactly
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Is good to know what posted War_Master, I didn't used that trick and I never moved any file, you saw the result: different names but the same file and no mismatch. In fact, I visited all MH servers possible (except those without redirect), I didn't used MonsterHunt installed to avoid any possible mismatch. Worked !

A few months ago when I was in low disk space I cleared all cache, I had a megaton of double even triple files there.

Next point ? Credits.* - this is Epic's dudes work. Not easy to be fixed for beginners. Removing any Credits make UT to not start. Such a problem is indeed sensitive talking about a stock file.
Other wild files attached ?Just keep cache and will see results.

From my side, CacheCleaner programs or mods any, are just for coders, moders not for players as described by some guys in forums - player tools - which play only in a server maybe without knowing mismatch issues. A player which play in more servers is not recomended at all to uncache files. At least this is my technology in visiting and wasn't a problem except stock files mismatch and I never bored to solve that problem.

At least for recording a demo, I'm sure you need exactly the same file like server to be in your client or else demo will fail. And here we can talk again about a second or third version of UT depends on favourite server... I recorded once a MH match but I had all files involved in client exactly like server. With that UT version I couldn't to visit more places.

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

I'm not sure if I got the steps right though, but you can test it out to make sure it does work. I don't mind if you post it on other sites if its going to help players join more servers without the hassle of swapping files all the time. But one thing though, a lot of hackers use this method to run illegal cheats on servers in a way, but the possibilities of someone cheating in MH are at a very low percentage and is pointless to do so anyway.

I do know a lot of stuff for this game that most people don't know about and I feel a little guilty not posting them to the public since there are some risks. I also know a few fixes for MH that nobody seems to be able to figure out yet but I'm still testing things out and will probably release them publicly if they work as I expect them to. So far, some of them are still theories from what I understand about the UnrealEngine1 and how it works. I might post some things up if I see someone asking for a possible answer of such things, though. And you'll just have to poke me in the back for me to say something because I never release anything unless it is completely perfect, or say anything unless I know it works for sure. LOL

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Agree, is not necesary to post any known or less known issue. But this thing related to mismatches for me isn't a trouble until is about stock files, I'm not really interested to alter my game for 1 or 2 servers bad configured anyway (if an admin don't know his files, I have doubt to see him having knowledge in how to put up a good server).

Other kind of exploits I won't talk too much about them (if fact I won't tell something). Players, even so called mappers will use all kind of stuff to slap game. Last time I was intended to believe, the worse enemy of UT is inside not outside, wearing mapper suit or any modder suit.

Cheating in MH means a really retarded player. Why ? Let's see:
1) A Titan with 20000 health won't die killed with first headshot, LOL, in small places is not easy to survive. Example: LongCorridor_d+ if I remember well - in fact will be worse;
2) A group of Skaarj..... any class with strong RangedProjectiles and map pathed is making aimbot to look idiotic (need brain not so many aiming skills);
3) If in a map like SkaarjTower if a MH mod make them to have real skill 4 or more, then say bye ....;
4) Nice to meet tentacles in BoomBoomBridge - better use something to shoot warshells :) ;

And so on... For other internal troubles related to classes from UnrealI and UnrealShare is hard to deliver some cure. I did a few replacements welcomed but always some modder slapped game... eh. But ... oops I'm stop here to not hijack the thread so worse.

Anyway WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip is a mod delivered for servers not for players, doesn't matter what version I'll meet in a random server, I won't uncache it just to be "cool" with a 10 GB UT99 game stuffed with "accesed nones", yeak.

chicken-

Post by chicken- »

OK well this has nothing to do with my topic, and only the old outdated version is on ut-files.com to date. What's the holdup on correcting this issue?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

You just told about mismatches :D for this version. This triggered people to talk a bit (more) about mismatches. We appologise if we debated to strong that chapter, but you ignited the subject :cool: .