WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip

If you've uploaded files to the FTP, then post in here so the staff will know what to do with them.
chicken-

WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip

Post by chicken- »

Name: WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip
Use: Mutator which gives player's kills for pushing other players into lava or making them fall to their death.
Game: Unreal Tournament

P.S. There is a "WhoPushedMe5" on ut-files.com already, this is OUTDATED and is causing MISMATCHES for players on various servers, since it has an out of date enhanceditems.u included. It also bugs out serverside demos when you have a different version of whopushedme installed, so I'd really like if an admin could just delete the WhoPushedMe5 from ut-files.com

This version is directly from the author's website: http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/WhoPushedMe.html

medor
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: WhoPushedMe_non-UMOD.zip

Post by medor »

this link is for 2k3

chicken-

Post by chicken- »

That is incorrect medor. The 2k3 link is simply a readme. If you click download whopushedme, it's only versions for UT99.

http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/d ... hoPushedMe

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

chicken- wrote:That is incorrect medor. The 2k3 link is simply a readme. If you click download whopushedme, it's only versions for UT99.
First link send you to another second link ...
Second link is more relevant...

And final download belongs to UT99 indeed...

But I have another question: Why as player you need to install this mod in your client ? I think I talked about this already. If you are a visitor, keep files in cache don't uncache them to get mismatch errors. I have more versions of the same file in cache and this wasn't a problem.

You can test mods for any kind of server in a separate UT version not in player version.

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

^^ Not sure what you mean Nelsona. You can not have two different files, with the same name, in your cache. You'll get a mismatch regardless. Then you'll have to either delete all your cache files or open the cache.ini file, find the file that's mismatching and match it to one of the cache'd files and either delete the line + cache file or just delete the line in the cache.ini to download the different version.

Basically, keeping files in your cache will not prevent you from a mismatch error.

It can fix itself in 30 days since by default files are deleted every 30 days in your cache.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

chicken-

Post by chicken- »

Nelsona is half correct. While this SPECIFIC mod does not cause CLIENT mismatches when joining a server, it does effect serverside demo playback functionality which is really what I'm trying to fix here. I noticed that some of my serverside demos weren't playing correctly, and narrowed it down to the fact that my servers had 2 different versions of WhoPushedMe on it because downloaded it from this site thinking it was the same version I already had on others. The fact is the download on this site has an older version and includes an old version of EnhancedItems which WILL cause client mismatches if put into the serverpackages if I remember correctly.

The readme says you have to put enhanceditems in the serverpackages, but I never have and it works fine (assuming you don't mix up versions :P)

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Skillz wrote:Not sure what you mean Nelsona. You can not have two different files, with the same name, in your cache. You'll get a mismatch regardless.
I'm not sure about this, we already have a discution related to MonsterHunt.u file. I had in cache 3 versions of spinner.u, NSMH_2 was a version compiled for my server and tested a few times until to decide what is good for public, this resulted in 5 versions of the same file in cache wearing different names with that extension uxx. Never mind, people seems to never learn these basics. I coded MonsterSeeker just for avoid installing MonsterHunt and being bugged by any mismatch. Exist 3 versions: Default 500, The Patch 503 (common for the most of servers), and The Recompiled one - used by coders (original 503 have integrated errors and is useless for working at mods).

Second question: Can you explain these ?
They are currently in my client used for visits wearing different cache name but is the same file as described in ini. Is OK now ? I wasn't a dumbass when I coded the seeker but nobody understood the purpose.
32B016C011D4E2A100002EBB8D6B401C=U4eT.u
85E665A011D67A36500072A0778734BA=U4eT.u

494960A111D519630300769A00F5106D=U4eTC.u
836A6D6011D4E42500002EBB8D6B401C=U4eTC.u
I repeat, put up a server with known IP, change some files but never load them in client. Tell me what you have, check cache, :cool: .

Here is other - the same subject:
the-hell-of-package-version-mismatches-t1642.html

Skillz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Skillz »

When I get time, I'll test it. I am 99% positive that I've had to delete files from my cache just so I could join games where mismatches existed. If not, then I stand corrected.
Like this site? Consider a donation to help with server costs.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona »

Good !
Aditional note:
Do not ever load Organic.utx, if you have it, remove it. Is useless, will confuse server and client about any Organic involving the call to original umx. Indeed exist another version Organic.umx created maybe by a dude after some whisky. If you need to know which one is good just look at original game.

War_Master

Post by War_Master »

You can have 2 or more files with the same file names in your cache.ini so that you won't get a mismatch from those files anymore, but there is a trick to installing them properly. First, you need to have your folders cleared of that file so you're forced to download the file from the server. Then, you need to remove that .uxx file from your cache folder (I don't think you need to remove it from the cache.ini list tho). And then, you will need to download the other version from another server so it goes into your cache folder and get written into the cache.ini list. Once you've done that, all you need to do is install the other version .uxx file into the cache folder again, and the Engine will search for the code of the uxx file first instead of the actual file name which prevents the mismatch.

I know this does work because I've tested it several times since years ago. But, one of my biggest problems is that I have all MH maps/mods installed and I need the actual file installed in their corresponding folder so that I can play them ofline/singleplayer.

You don't need no useless-crappy programs like cachecleaner to do something like this like so many ignorant people claim to do. All you need is to follow up the right steps and use common sense to figure out something as simple as this.