* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm 

Am sorry to hear this, the only thing i can do for u is too offer to backup all the ut-files from here, is their some way like FTP orso so i can download the files fast? without me having to jump to each file separate on url? if so i can download all the files from ut-files than make dvd backups also on hdd and even host them for download maby not as organized as here but than people can still download them from ftp/http, [the redirection will be a problem though i have no apache skills..].

The other thing i could do is a very small change to ask for a job for u at Gameservers.com though u could try urself also ofcours but if i recommend u than theirs a big change they will invitation u for a jobs :blah: if u want i could do that but u must really want it i know they are desperate for some good computers geeks if i may say so :hs:

Please mail me at VASTVET@gmail.com if u want me to help with backup files etc, i think its wurth to effort to help ut-files and u out u did a great job for us gamers :usa:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 pm 

Skillz,
I didn't bother to read the last seven pages of comments so I don't know if anyone mentioned it. Why don't you just go commercial or even partially commercial. Give people folders on the redirect and when they don't pay change the permissions until they do. You could still use paypal even. Your server is screaming fast. I don't see why enough of us wouldn't be willing to pay for it. I would.

If not, it's been a great ride brother...you have no idea how much your efforts here have been appreciated over the years. Good luck, and hopefully see you again soon.

-----------------ok so I just went through and read everything, glad to hear you got a job so fast. that's great man...it took me a year to find mine. Here's hoping ut-files never ends.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ut-files.com is not closing. The FTP server is offline for now while I make changes to it. Sorry.

As for the paid hosting solution, I do offer that. web-site-and-redirect-hosting-t1951.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 pm 

Hello, ive read it here in a recent topic and i was concerned about the files dissapearing for UT99 sinds we all did so much efforts to make them,upload them etc, but its good news that UT-FILES is ok :bling2:

Btw thanks for the redirect offer but at this moment i dont run UT servers anymore ,but if u asked me i would say make the redirect thats free now payed and make one good space package of redirect space and sell it for reasenable price like $5 orso than u can keep the servers running and we all have a fast redirect :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7