* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HTTP Redirect
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 am 

Hi and thanks for keeping you fabulous forum and redirect site up and running! Due to the demise of many UT2k4 camping servers I've decided to put my own up. All working OK but I'd like to remove secrets in many of the maps that were used on servers that I've been using in the past. I've done a few already and I uploaded them to my own web space, as they are a work in progress, with an .ht access redirect to your file site for any the files not present on my site. I've put my site in the UT ini file and your site in the .htaccess file which is located in the appropriate directory on my web space. So my question is why with the larger files that I don't have on my site does UT continually show an ever increasing download percentage, waaaayyyy past 100%, and never actually complete a download, yet with the smaller files it passes to your file site via the .htaccess with no problems and completes the download? Oh and it works fine accessing through a web browser with a complete redirect to your site for any size files that are not present on my web space. Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations would be wonderful. Many thanks in advance. Oh here's the redirect script in case you're interested. Thanks

<ifmodule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) http://uz2.ut-files.com/$1 [R=301,L]
</ifmodule>

Post subject: Re: HTTP Redirect
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm 

Hello again! Nobody got any ideas? Pretty sure that it cant be that too complex a problem to solve as it surely has to have been encountered in the past. Is it just that ut doesn't have the traffic anymore and no one gets to view the question? Anyhoo, I'll send the question to stackexchange and post the resolution here if it comes through. Thanks

Post subject: Re: HTTP Redirect
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:01 pm 

HI again. It turns out that the problem doesn't lie with the .htaccess script or the files hosted on my webspace but with your server. The intermittent problem is caused by your server being offline. This was demonstrated by a small program I wrote to monitor my UT server, my map webspace, and the response from your server. Whenever there was a problem with the downloading of map or ancillary files, particularly the larger files, your server, either due to overload or general offline'ness, ceased to respond to file requests. Whether this is only a problem with accessing your server from here in the UK I don't know but at least it directs to a solution to my problem. I resorted to uploading all 15GB of files contained on my UT server to my own webspace resulting in no necessity to use your redirect. Simple when you think about it. Anyways cheers and Happy New Year.