* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:00 pm 

I'm starting a project to create an archive of all UT99 maps/mods/etc. I made a map a long time ago I thought I had lost, but, thanks to medor, I found a copy!

This project will be a repository of maps, mods, match videos etc...

I also intend to make the site open source, after I've developed in sufficiently. I will also keep it, for now, in my private server. It's a 12-core 32GB ECC, 10TB zraid2 1U hosted in a datacenter with a 1Gbps connection. But to get started, I need files!

Medor; is it possible for you to zip everything you have then transfer it to me? Anyone else willing to share their collection?

Site will be at:

http://www.unrealchronicles.org

Unreal Tournament was a historical turning point in gaming history. Unfortunately it seems the data that represents our community's effort is held by few people and it's haphazardly distributed. To keep all of this for posterity I would like to create a mirror. To do this I need YOUR help!

Thank you everyone,

Snowy Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

I don't need anyone to mirror anything. This site isn't going anywhere.

With that being said, medor has his own site with files and if he wants to give you full access to them then that's his decision.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm 

Thank you Skillz for hosting this site, for helping preserve a bit of history. History is made through the effort of communities and as such it takes community effort to preserve it. I've searched and, for a lot of files, your site is the only place I found them stored. Having 1 backup is not good for the long term preservation of anything. Therefor, I'm offering my help, as a member of this greater community, by donating my resources, to preserve this history. Do you have any concerns? How may I address them?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

medor has a backup that he hosts from his home connection. My server serves the files to anyone who needs them. I have two backups stored locally.

I am not in the business of delivering every-single-file at once that I host anytime anyone wants them. You're not the first person who's asked and you wont be the last I am sure. The answer is the same. Hammer the site/server more than you need for personal use and you'll be automatically banned.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:58 pm 

Can we come to a compromise? I'm not in a hurry, could we set bandwidth limits? We could continue this over PM?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:01 pm 
FTP Administrator

Quote:
Medor; is it possible for you to zip everything you have then transfer it to me? Anyone else willing to share their collection?

I can send all on a ftp ... just set one and give me access for place keep free 339 Go (364 968 296 448 octets)

UnrealTournament-V3