* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This will most likely work on all versions of Windows that has issues running this application.

The problem:
Run time error 339, file DMC2.OCX

To fix the problem, you'll need to register DMC2.OCX and grab a couple missing DLL files from newer version of Windows. This might work as far back as Windows XP, but I can not confirm that as I do not have any other operating systems to test on. I do have Windows 7 64-bit which gives me the run time error 339. These are the steps I took to fix the issue.

You'll need to download two DLL files: (I recommend grabbing the zip files and placing them in the directory yourself)
msvbvm50.dll
ieshims.dll

You then need to place them in the same location that DMC2.OCX is installed. This should be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 on a Windows 7, 64 Bit operating system. If it's not in the SysWOW64 directory or you do not have a SysWOW64 directory as it only exists in 64 bit versions of Windows I think, then check the System32 directory.

Once you have placed those two files in the same directory as DMC2.OCX, you'll need to open a command prompt and run it as an administrator. (running it as admin might not be needed, you can try it without first I just always run it as admin)

You'll need to change directory to where ever the DMC2.OCX file is installed. Use the cd command in the command prompt to change directory.

cd c:\Windows\SysWOW64 or cd c:\Windows\System32 if it's in the System32 directory.

Then type regsvr32 DMC2.OCX and you should get a successful message if it worked correctly.

Let me know if you have any issues. I downloaded two other DLL files, but I do not think they are needed so I didn't include them. I also ran the program in compatibility mode under Win 9x, but I don't think that did anything either. It wasn't until I did the steps above that fixed the issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:01 pm 

Well worked partially for me.
Now have a path issue not sure how to address

Runtime Error 76
Path not found

Any ideas?
Have missed using unreal office way too long...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does it give you a path that it's looking for?