* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: We're back
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

I know everything isn't working 100% just yet, but I am slowly getting to them. I built this site over the course of a couple years so trying to get it all back together at once is a huge overhaul. Luckily I make good backups. Well, they've been good so far.

Though just for the sake of it, you guys are more than welcome to report anything that's broken and/or not working correctly and any errors you see while navigating the site. I'll tend to them as soon as possible.

Post subject: Re: We're back
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:25 am 
FTP Administrator

:bigthumb:

If you want update your files UT99 i can upload all my files on your ftp; and after you sort that you want to keep ?

UnrealTournament-V3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

No don't worry about it, after I get everything running correctly which is my #1 priority at the moment I will just rip your site then upload it all myself.

I've also got reports from two people who claim to be redirected to a 000webhost.com URL. This is because your ISPs DNS has not updated the IP of the new server. Generally it takes a few hours, but it can take up to 48 hours or more. Just give it a little time and it will work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

On the other hand, I might just give you a separate FTP account to upload the files to. It's around 110GB in size, correct? Give me a little bit and I'll PM you the login details.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:42 pm 

Awesome site! Recently picked up mapping, so this site is a treasure! Big thanks for all your work, and everyone else who helps.

Funny, just yesterday i ripped http://fpsnetwork.com/downloads/ut99 ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:35 am 
FTP Administrator

129 Go (139 332 673 994 octets)

ok I expect the MP and start upload

UnrealTournament-V3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:32 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome eOn.

Ill get you the login details later today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:06 pm 

Good news! :)

PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer | + FOOD FIGHT w/Fry Pan Arena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:03 pm 

You didn't write. You didn't call. You didn't even say goodbye. Welcome back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Well I did the best that I could given the circumstances. If you recall I had to drop my old MonsterHunt site for a little while back in the day due to similar circumstances. I pay for all of this out of my own pocket. The few donations that I do get just touch the surface of the costs I pay for dedicated servers to host this content.

I was hoping to get this site back online earlier this year but I moved from MS to NC around August of last year. It's taken me a little longer than I expected to recover those costs and get situated in my new home. Then the company I do contract work for took nearly 3 weeks off at the end of December and beginning of Jan. Then when they did open back up it was very slow to get work due to the worst Winter in North Carolina in over a decade. I have never experienced this type of weather and apparently most of the locals here haven't either so things closed up a lot. It's almost spring and this morning when I woke up to go to work we had a bad wintery rain/sleet storm last night that caused the ground to literally be covered in ~1" of almost solid ice. I had to melt the door handles on my car to get them to open.

Either way, I always make damn good backups. Basically the site will be back to 100% the way it was before, except for the links page. I can't seem to find the database on any of my backups so I might have lost that. :( Oops. No biggie though as that was mostly just an experimental section of the site anyway. I never liked the way it looked. Might try a different approach with it this time.

I got the public FTP server account set back up on the server as well. This means people can start uploading new content to the site again including files for the redirect. The only thing I still have to do is write the scripts to move the files automatically to the web server. Shouldn't take too long to do as soon as I find the time to do it. I've been at work since ~6A this morning and I got home a few minutes ago at 10:30P. Been a long day.

If anyone sees any problems please let me know in here so I can address it. I haven't had a chance to check every single section of the site to make sure everything works. Since I am running the latest version of PHP, MySQL and Apache on this server. The old server was running versions nearly a year old from today so some stuff might not be compatible.

I am also going to need some moderators for the forums and other "staff" members to help out around here. If anyone is interested send me a PM.