* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:05 pm 

I was on the server minding my own buissiness, just playing some ranodm map it was on. i was by myself and the map was really hard. So i changed it to some random map. And it loaded up and it brought me to icy place. where u deal with the flies then the skaarj. and all that good stuff. it's one of the normal maps that come with mh on the actual game. and hoffi came on and we beat it. and i voted for a different map. it brought me back to the icy canyon place. so yea. real problem with the server. u should take a look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Those maps are probably missing some packages, it would help if you could remember the name of the maps so I can search the log for when they was voted for, so I can see what packages it's calling for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:35 pm 

I think it is just most of the maps in the server.
Any map I tried to go to would just bring me back to the canyon place.
i didn't try alot. but i did a map change serveral times.
same thing every time. :hsdunno:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:11 pm 
BANNED

Yeah I been seeing MH-Canyon a lot in the server monitor. If that's your default crash map, there are problems because it keeps coming up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's just missing packages. All in the system directory, I don't want to copy everything from the old server directory to the new server directory, since I was having problems with it.

So when I see a missing package in the logs, I just add it manually.

Giving me specific map names would help though, makes searching easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:47 am 

MH-Canyon is ebil, EBIL I SAY

Set default map to a special crash map, like MH-Crash or something xD most servers do that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 am 
BANNED

Yeah I agree. It needs to be a simple box map that can't do anything but finish. Want to work one up? Give it about 5 playerspawns, a short hallway and a monsterend. I'll work up some funny textures for the walls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:53 am 

Skillz, when the server encounters missing packages it logs a message sounding something like this: "can't find package ...........", so basicly just load yourl og file and search for "can't find" and it should guide you to the exact files missing (though without mentioning wheather it's an .u, .utx, .aux, .umx or .unr file).

Also if you don't have Warnings set to depress you can search for them too.

Also make sure gopostal did not srew up the monsterhunt.u as i di rofl ... i compiled it without the rocktentacle and everytime i loaded a map with a rocktentacle in it the server rebooted to default map :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:56 am 
BANNED

Dane, did you get the monsterhunt I sent you? It will compile mods fully but you get version mismatch if you leave it in an install that goes online. It's a pain to swap, but it fixes the tentacle issue.

BTW how much you want to bet it was someone coding with context and it didn't open all the uc's, as it's want to do? :lol:

Also, On your server Dane, could I get some of your accessed nones from MH maps? I'm going to start on the monsterhunt mod itself in a couple of days. I'm gonna stop all these damn errors you get, if I have to deal with them line by line. I've got a pretty good jump on it already looking at my testserver. It's maps causing a lot of the trouble, can see now that hard limits are gonna have to be placed in the mod itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dane, I am well aware of all of that. This thread is from last month when I did a server reinstall, I just didn't copy anything from the System directory, so any packages that were .u in the system directory were all missing. It's all fixed now, the only time the server will crash is because of bad coding/mapping.