View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 TeamMH: Unable to trigger AdvancedMonsterEnd 

Post TeamMH: Unable to trigger AdvancedMonsterEnd
Hello,

like in classic MonsterHunt I'm unable to trigger the map end in TeamMonsterHunt.

Idea is to let two seperate teams kill 100 monsters and the first team who kills 100 monsters wins the whole match. I achieve this by playing in separate areas, one for each team. Each area has an own Counter actor for the monsters and an own AdvancedMonsterEnd actor for ending game.

But it seems, like in classic MH, that any player still has to run into the collision radius of the AdvancedMonsterEnd actor to trigger the end. But I want to trigger the map end when the Counter actor counts 100 killed monsters and this does not work! :-(

Is there a way to trigger the AdvancedMonsterEnd actor and finish the map *WITHOUT* letting any player run into the collision radius?

So I assume even in TeamMonsterHunt there is no naked trigger who is able to finish the map when it is triggerd and not entered, right?

Thankies ^_^
Pinkyfan

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Was that really that hard?

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Move it so no one can reach it.
Was that really that hard?

ehm ... try and read the question again, this time slowly!

To answer the actual question, well, I'm not sure, but in MH it doesn't work triggered so maybe the author of TMH did not fix that?

However, i made a "fix" for it, I once made the "end" actor as an attached actor to a mover, then when the team has killed 100 monsters you can set the trigger to move the mover (and the attatched "end" actor) into that teams area making sure that the collisionradius is set so you are 100% sure it will touch at least one of the team players. This works for MH and i see no reason why it shouldn't work for TMH?

so to your question:

Quote:
Is there a way to trigger the AdvancedMonsterEnd actor and finish the map *WITHOUT* letting any player run into the collision radius?

No, there isn't but you can bring the collsion radius to the players :P

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

Dane you want to help me edit the actor script and we could fix this? Might be nice to update TMH.

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Aha sorry the "Is there a way to trigger the AdvancedMonsterEnd actor and finish the map *WITHOUT* letting any player run into the collision radius?" part stuck out for me, so I thought that was it.

If you want a fix without doing any code, maybe you could have the trigger open a doorway to a portal (that'll teleport players straight to the monsterhuntend) rather then trying to trigger the event specificly? A message would help too if it's a large place / room :wiggle:

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Dane you want to help me edit the actor script and we could fix this? Might be nice to update TMH.

I'll have to pass that one m8, sry. I have way too much workload on my shoulders these days and just so little time to do something about it.

However, having in mind that MH script is having it's own mind, i would think it was just to create a new trigger that can be triggered, and when it's either touched or triggered it triggers the end game function ...... that is the way to do it in all other gamestyles i know of? but again, MH is strange.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:16 am
Profile WWW

There is no way to do it without letting you touch it YET there IS a way to trigger it upon end.
Step 1 Make the collision so huge that you ALWAYS touch it no matter where you are
Step 2 Go to "object" in the properties and set "InitialState" to "OherTriggerTurnsOn"
Step 3 Go to "Trigger" And set "InitiallyOn" to "False"

that should do

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:20 am
BANNED

Al we couldn't code a sub actor to call that? Seems kinda hacky to me, considering the problems already with sight distance.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Al we couldn't code a sub actor to call that? Seems kinda hacky to me, considering the problems already with sight distance.

Well, This IS how the MonsterArena gametype does it..

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:14 am

cant the defeat of 100 monsters open a door for that team to the end and first one there wins? would make things easier in my opinion

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next