* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:10 pm 
BANNED

Personally I'm not a big fan of it. It can create some odd visuals on people with good connections. They see the game as it happens and shots that appear wide or off suddenly elicit kills as the ZP makes it's adjustments. It's a good idea, but if you have a laggy connection, just live with it and learn to lead with one eye on your current ping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I used to not like it either, but then I started playing zp ctf 155/55 lgi and I like it now. It's not so bad. I also use it on same settings, but with sniper arena too. It does help, especially if your ping it above the 100s, you can really tell. Though if your pinging low, it doesn't really give much of a benefit, but it's still noticeable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:21 pm 

Thank you Skillz, that info about ZP is really useful.

Personally, I love the mutator. Mostly because my ping is almost everytime over 100. And yes, it's really important and makes a big difference on DM and CTF games, and if it's an insta game, you just must have it installed on your server.

And yes, I've seen some MH servers using zeroping. For example, some players, like me, use sniper and shock rifles. I like to practice shock combos and movements against monsters to use them later on DM. :naughty: The same server also has a mutator so you can choose if you want to use only shock rifles, or insta, etc, on the next map.

If you are a combo addicted like me, its great to have the mutator installed, no matter if it's a MH or DM or CTF game.

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

During the first year or two that I played UT, I was a big time combo whore.

I used to play at school with my class mates in the few classes I took with computers in them. UT was the first FPS game I played on the PC, so it took me a bit getting used to; the guys I played with were all big Quake/Doom/Duke fans that happened to install UT on one of the computers. Since it's so easy to copy, everyone in the class almost ended up copying it so we could play.

Lot of those guys were pretty descent, so I played almost 3 hours total at school almost every day. Since we played on a vanilla server with only custom maps, I used the combo a lot.

When I picked the game up and started playing online, I stumped upon a server that was mocked after a HUGE bathroom, this map was called DM-BathRoomEXTREME or something along those lines. In there, the game type was "jump match" and it had the ESR in it. I would play in there where everyone was using the ESR or sniper. I used them too, but sometimes I'd grab the shock rifle and combo kill people. Since everyone jumped, all you had to do was get close to them and wait for them to jump, then nail 'em on there way down with a combo.

Ah, the good ole days. This was before ZP. Later I moved into a community called the GMC, where large maps like that was not only normal, it was required. No more jump match, but low gravity instead and speed increased to 155%. All non zp. It's where I learned/adopted a good shot.

Now I play mostly zp CTF LGI 155/55, though occasionally I will hop on DM 155/55 LG server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:18 am 

That's cool Skillz :cool:

I can't remember your CTF LGI server IP. I think it would be a great idea to play sometimes. But not only me, maybe all PMH regulars could play a CTF match just for fun. We could play some common maps like Face or Thorns. Of course, just for fun, I'm not very good at CTF. What do you think?

Gonna start a new topic about this :naughty: