View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Disappearence time of dead bodies 

Post Disappearence time of dead bodies
In maps with massive amounts of monsters it is useful when dead bodies would disappear from the map after a very short time, so nobody shoots into them. Is there a setting or a mod which let dead bodies disappear immediately or after a bery short time like 1 second?

If not already realized I would be happy to have this in the new TeamMonsterHunt mod.

Pinkyfan

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:38 pm

I've heard of one, but i'm not sure if it's MH/TMH compatible, it's a .ini that allows you to set the time it takes for a corpse to be removed. I'll just look it up for you and get back to you soon.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:47 pm
BANNED

If you can't find it I can whip up a quick mod that will make it any length of time you want.

UPDATE: Pinky I've been playing some with shortening the monster gib times and the carcass times they sit around. It does clean things up pretty well, but surprisingly it makes the game "feel" different. I'd be happy to share a finished mod with you if you tell me what you want in it. I've gotten the basic framework set up, it's just a matter of plugging in your variables you want.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Doesn't zone properties simply allow for carcasses to be automatically destioyed, or at least allow for only a minimum number to be shown before others get destroyed?

That'll only be a fix if you're mapping for it though ofcourse, maybe the part of the zone that does that could be modified into a small mutator or something otherwise?

Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:27 am
BANNED

Carcass removal actually is influenced by serveral factors. I just modded the Function Death part of ScriptedPawn and set the timer much lower. You could do it several ways but I wanted something that dealt with it at a root level.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Post yup
yup well i think ive heard about that somewhere before

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:33 am

Post Why though...
What is the file that you can edit time for dissapearing of bodies? Do you edit an already exisiting file?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]