View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 MonsterHunt V5.04 

Post Re: MonsterHunt V5.04
For me is still into favorites... but I'm not really addicted to regeneration mods. Because I was pissed of for years by those console errors I took decision to help some old fans as long as MH TAB is pointless now. GameSpy - out of duty.

The only way pointed by me into regeneration direction is ammo. Once having a weapon from a monster it might be lack in ammunition so it might need an additional wick power. Else healing is mapper's job into Level. Mod is not an answer at missing stuff and neither claimed a normal thing because is not.

You can fire up a try in a map like Canyon, Forbidden, Demons][, KrogaarSE, and so on and say what you think. Save/move MH v503 and replace it with this newer. Put back older if the newer is bad.

Both of them respond at "Mutate Version" command so you can see which one runs when you need to know that.

Last edited by Nelsona on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

:huh: I never said anything about regeneration mods.... :huh:

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Yep, that's why I didn't add any sort of such stuff, but it might be completed.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't even know why you brought it up in the first place, but whatever. Cool man.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

I was considering the duty to tell this in first line because it was asked in a previous testing session. I have spoke clearly - just fixing controller and a few common problems, no colors, no fancy anti-boost, no regens, just clean MH and a bit of love for stuff missing.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh okay.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Now I'm sharing a few v5.04 options:
- MH_OsPower - a kind of relic spawning a PowerUp for MH related to default Dispersion used;
- MHHelp - a helper tool for a few tweaks. Weren't added into main game because people might have their own deals, so this is just an option.
Stuff is stored here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

MHHelp has been updated due to troubles found at custom "weapon-holder" monster, haven't seen troubles at defaults. :meh:

And... Probably MH game which I intend to play is a complete change.
What does that means ?

ALL stock monsters - combatants - have clones (ones with less errors). They can be replaced by a tool used as Server-Side which can be adjusted for other custom-types too without to load packages when they doesn't exist in Level - different said no dependencies required.

I was playing a few Levels with 0 Accessed Nones - speaking about those with stock stuff. The rest of classes messed up aren't my problem (I won't fix 200+ Mb of bullshit pawns if "modders" were cute to release public trash without any major fix).

Bot support for MH and Bot Play ?
Yes, due to a few bad codes from Bot I have rewritten others, easy to implement - nothing fancy - but able to track directives from TeamGamePlus games. They work in maps with known Bot Support and or reworked by me.

I'll prepare links when things are ready... the mostly some stuff by me already contains some stuff but... I'll put them as an all-in-one MH stuff for V5.04.

Sun May 31, 2015 3:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to see someone still developing for MH. If ya need anything (hosting for example) let me know and I'll hook ya up.

Any plans to develop this for a newer title?

Sun May 31, 2015 5:52 pm
Profile WWW

Skillz wrote:
Any plans to develop this for a newer title?
I cannot define term as development.
Goal/s is/are simple:
- clean console;
- clean client as much as possible.

Purpose, gain stability. If anyone speaks about over-powered stuff for 0 skill play that is not in my list. If Higor was helping with a new engine extension then for my games (and anyone interested) I'll put a small contribution to keep old MH good state.
I know from my experience a lot of beautiful Levels which have no challenge when "mods" are loaded so I won't make any fancy thing. I gotta admit, I have a kind of MH2 but is balanced different - game might be harder than default at a given moment...

Skillz wrote:
Glad to see someone still developing for MH. If ya need anything (hosting for example) let me know and I'll hook ya up.
Just by curiosity you can fire a v5.04 "silent" server and see how works. If you want to test Bots will be recommended usage of mutator helper due to Dispersion troubles (finally I figured problem but I'm not sure if anyone wants 5.05).
Rewriting controller seems not very asked as long as everybody need only regens which I don't like so much. As for an update I must think to implement certain configurable things letting some mods to handle game as needed.

As for myself I was testing some games ON-Line also in a "silent server". Helper + relic + replacer + MBot + NsMonster (as replacment for stock pawns).
Support: Engine v436 + XC_engine extension + Win server. Game-play which I can see at this moment was only a dream of me in year 2008. Considering mission accomplished maybe I'll look into "wild stuff" from other Levels to do replacements (if deserve effort) if we can speak about a minimum Bot Support, else NO.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next