View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Good MH maps in SP-style? 

Post Good MH maps in SP-style?
Hi.

I've noticed that MH is a quite popular mod, and that's an understatement. :P
I'm searching for maps which are SP-like, as in, aside of killing thousands of monsters, puzzles to solve, rooms to unlock in order to advance, there should be a mission-like atmosphere instead of just "kill everything you see". What are your recommendations?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Good MH maps in SP-style?
All those names "ported" from SP are exactly what you want (works local not in servers). They are just renamed (copied) using MH-.... but they doesn't have an end, TranslatorEvent not works in MH anyway, Weaponpowerup is useless, if you find a quadshot do not pick it up, say bye to any RazorJack, but... I think you have to do a revision in editor. Those maps played in Coop servers are using a list with fixes or else might trap player or break map.

But if you have enough patient you can try them.

In fact I have a question: Why you need to play them as MH since you can use OldSkool instead with good results ?

For small details check out (even in free redirects) Ortican, DK... something, and so on. Download, decompress them and have fun.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Oh, I see. It's the same thing with Assault and the gametype being filled with trial maps in UT2004's AS servers. :/

I was afraid that I wasn't too specific. For example, the maps which comes with the mod itself are good examples of what I'm searching for.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

I understand, original maps have indeed a balance, playing solo with a small mutator as needed is not bad or even without mutators (with small risks - bad settings bugging game by default). But, I couldn't see anywhere to many such works balanced and easy to handle for engine last time, only if you test some map-packs you can sort stuff. If you don't set up a server and you play local, options are a lot (fixing or modifying bad maps, balancing them corectly with health, ammo, etc.).

As aditional info. Now I see how important was PMH server configured simple. Every time when a guy mapped something for MH, was more interest for balancing and doing settings corectly, now more people are just ignoring details expecting mutators to do the job (regens, movers fixers, etc.) and learning nothing, eh, you'll see what I mean.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am

Yeah, too bad that laziness made MH maps to be subjected to Sturgeon's law.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 am
Profile WWW

Here's a list of maps that may suit your needs.

MH-Annihilation-V240
MH-Arden
MH-December24th
MH-EdaraPassv2
MH-Glider
MH-HellFireV3
MH-Krogaarv2
MH-Kittara
MH-LandsOfNapali
MH-LiandriConflictV2
MH-LiandriInvasion
MH-LostInTimeV2