View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 New coding/mods 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I need to get this on the server, but I gotta get my computer fixed first. :wtc:

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:26 am
Profile WWW
BANNED

Yeah I saw the troubles. No hurries. I haven't buzzed you today about anything as I knew you were busy. Whether it goes on the server or people play around with it really gets to the same end. You take care of things that are much more important dude.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I really see no point in having an "MH" version of Nexgen, as Nexgen seems to work just fine with Monster Hunt. I'd like to know the "added" features added to (if any) the "MH Version of NexGen" because as far as I can see, there aren't any. :hsdunno:

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:36 pm
Profile WWW

About Nexgen MH, I know where the custom version came from. An earlier version of Nexgen did not support custom gametypes like JB, MH, etc. It had conflicts with their HUDs, so a custom version was made (by someone else) to add in support for MH. Since then, a newer version was released that added in support for custom gametypes.

I don't know if Nexgen MH added in any features or not, but if it didn't then there is no need for it anymore. If any plugins were made for Nexgen MH, I'm sure they could be ported to Nexgen 1.08.

Snag the newest version of Nexgen (1.08) at UT-SLV.

Last edited by [SCF]_gringo on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Running the newest version on the MH servers arleady. :bowdown:

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

Rex, I am thinking of using nexgen with antiboost and pinata packaged together. Are you familiar with the coding of the plug ins?

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Rex, I am thinking of using nexgen with antiboost and pinata packaged together. Are you familiar with the coding of the plug ins?
Sort of. I messed arround with the plug-ins a bit, but nothing much. I know how to create a new tab in the Nexgen window, atleast. I might be able to help out a little.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

Thanks, I'm researching the code now. We are fast approaching a moment where we either make a new MH version or package everything into a single controllable mod. Next up is a HUD change and radar but radar could cause kicks from anticheat if we don't package it into something that is MH forced.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:02 pm
BANNED

OK, I added some stuff to the HUD for now. It will display monster name and health, like UTJMH but without all that added announcer crap and everything else. It's bigger text than the other mods (a little) and tracks closer to the monsters so it's easier to read. There is a sample screen HERE. I'm interested as to how people respond to this, if they feel like it clutters the screen too much. I like seeing information about whats going on but purist players may not.

I'm going to add some other stuff to the HUD but for now I will package the antiboost, pinata, and HUD add-on into a single mod and test it for a little bit. I'll try to have it available in a day or so.

Edit-Made a few changes. Altered the overlay to fade as the monster loses health and changed the display a bit. Makes it a bit easier on the eyes.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:52 pm

maybe you can make the radar and the monsterheatlh showing up playerside so you can enable or disable it whenever you want maybe good for ppl who dont want to see the health of the monsters or dont want the radar continuesly on their screen

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next