View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Monster Hunt Advanced Mutator 

Health/armor bars, I love it! That's what I miss about the SEGA Dreamcast version of UT. The Health/armor bars even changed color as they got smaller.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:05 am
Profile WWW
BANNED

So funny! Aside from the badges at the end of the bars (which I'm now going to add because it looks so good) what I was working on looks almost exactly like that. Great minds DO think alike! :)

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:07 am

Awesome! I always wanted to see that style of HUD again, I can't wait to see it in action!

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 am
Profile WWW
BANNED

I'll post a screenie when I get some sort of badge added. I think I'll do the color thing with the bars too. Cycle from green to yellow to red as it lowers down (at least on the health bar. No sense doing that with shield). I can't thank you enough for that screencap. I've looked at the bars trying to figure out what they needed and you just solved it.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 am

Good thing I brought this thread back to life eh! :wiggle:

Btw, I like that idea also, since other types of games have that style too. ;)

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:25 am

Post Re: Monster Hunt Advanced Mutator
Skillz wrote:
Backpack - This item will allow you to double the amount of ammo you are able to carry.

Mutator to prevent multiple pickups of items if you already have them. Example: If you have the shield, when you try to pick up another shield the mutator will see that you already have one, and wont allow you. Same for ammo/weapons and all power ups. If you already have the maximum you can hold, then it wont allow you to "take" the pickup.

Mutator to drop all weapons when a player dies. I got this idea from the Pinata mod, cool mod but it doesn't work with MH.

Really really nice Idee ;) :kiss:

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:35 pm
Site Admin

The pinata part has been done already. The backpack would need to be modeled, and the multiple item pick up hasn't been done yet either. Although it shouldn't be too hard, I believe there is some code in the SLV mod that will help. The newer SLV version prevents users from picking up an SLV if they already have one, this is to prevent the bots from just running around, taking them all.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

Skillz I actually coded that but ran into serious problems. If you run the mod with MH+ or any UTJ (or the like) it GPF's out as inventory is constantly being replenished. I could bang out a mod for it but it would have to be for vanilla MH servers, or specific to particular standard pickups like scuba, shieldbelt, etc.

Isn't it cool how we finished most of the stuff on your original list?

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:52 pm
Site Admin

Skillz I actually coded that but ran into serious problems. If you run the mod with MH+ or any UTJ (or the like) it GPF's out as inventory is constantly being replenished. I could bang out a mod for it but it would have to be for vanilla MH servers, or specific to particular standard pickups like scuba, shieldbelt, etc.

Isn't it cool how we finished most of the stuff on your original list?

When you say specific, you mean each individual pick up can be coded specifically and it'll work? If so, didn't you just answer how to solve the problem? Besides, on servers with MH+ and/or UTJ it's not needed. Since your ammo/health regens anyway.

Yes it is cool. :cool: We just need to define them all into a nice package/polish them up.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:19 am
Profile WWW
BANNED

You remember the problems Dane had with replacing pickups in maps on his Christmas mutator? In reverse that will be the same issue we will face on trying to prevent pickups. In order for it to work, I'll either have to do one of two things: 1. alter the respawn time across the board for all inventory items or 2. denote each individual item and deal with it.

The problem with 1 is that it may allow maps to be too easy since someone could camp the belt in a tough area for instance. With 2 you lose any control if any sort of alteration was done to the pickup to make it different for the map. Like the mod will look for "scubagear" but if you altered the scuba to make it last longer and then myleveled it as "SkillzScuba" it won't do anything to it. Mostly this won't be a problem but I have seen several maps with changed/renamed pickups.

I'm getting the kinks out of the radar now for the HUD. Once that is done we can discuss the HUD itself and change what needs it.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next