* Login   * Register    * Search
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lego DM maps
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 pm 

I am looking for all these maps and only see maybe 2 of them just wondering if there is a way to upload them or way of getting them on here since this is my main redirect and this is the main place for UT stuff now here is a link to the files.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search/index.asp?limitoverallscore=1&sortorder=asc&sortby=name&text=Lego&gamesystem=7&gametype=1&gamestyle=&score=&process=

Post subject: Re: Lego DM maps
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm 

I'm confused. You link to the maps at Mapraider, where you can download them from there, so what's the problem exactly?

Click on each map there and download them. It's not rocket science.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:45 pm 

kidx wrote:
or way of getting them on here since this is my main redirect and this is the main place for UT stuff now here is a link to the files.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search/index.asp?limitoverallscore=1&sortorder=asc&sortby=name&text=Lego&gamesystem=7&gametype=1&gamestyle=&score=&process=

Hey, I'm not confused, I'm extremely confused. I don't know if is hard to get maps in your UT folder and you can use a tool (a kind of MapManager) to collect all files involved in a map, even compressing all of them in UZ format - all UZ files might be added in redirect (if they aren't already there).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 am 

Thing is I think the maps are uz can i I upload the maps also this is a redirect and most of thos are not on the redirct and this is my main redirect thought about uploading the uz files can I upload the UZ files them self or do they have to be in a zip.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 am 

To avoid wasting time, first do a check if files exists already in redirect (uploaded by others). They are going to be removed if exists. Also if you look well, they are compressed UZ, any UT99 redirect is using UZ (if you have UT99 server). Nobody will unzip them, so forget zip format, even others than UZ are deleted automatically by sheduled operations, right Mr. Skillz ?

Fix me if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right Nelsona. If you want to put those maps on the redirect, you'll need to compress them using the Unreal program, which will output a .uz file. You'll need to upload those files to the public redirect where they will be transferred to the redirection site.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:15 am 

If you have problems with UZ compression, just use one of those applications hosted here. If you don't want them follow my strategy if looks more simple:

Create a file-list in a folder with extensions prepared for compression and copy files to be compressed there. Save this list-file as BAT file in UT's System folder and modify it a bit before RUN.

Put something in front of each line like here (just example):
Code:
ucc compress DriveLetter:\FolderToCompress\*.u
ucc compress DriveLetter:\FolderToCompress\*.utx
ucc compress DriveLetter:\FolderToCompress\*.uax
ucc compress DriveLetter:\FolderToCompress\*.umx
ucc compress DriveLetter:\FolderToCompress\*.unr

It doesn't need INT or INI or some TMP or EXE bullshits like others are doing. Later you can run that BAT file and... WAIT. Find UZ files created (might be based on new date) and move them in a folder for FTP upload. Contact server, start uploading... WAIT (again :D).